Software Business Analyst Lead
About the Team at Hitachi
Hitachi Social Innovation addresses the world’s most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focussing on more efficient usage of assets and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call the double bottom line. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi’s broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge AI and IOT solutions in the core areas of transport, manufacturing and energy.
Hitachi is looking for a highly experienced Software Business Analyst Lead to join their team of Software and Data Engineers.
You should be an individual with a passion for building great software and data products and services who enjoys the challenge of working in fast and dynamic teams. Our work is generally on greenfield innovation projects where we are building solutions from initial idea through to operational products. Our scope includes creating web applications, real-time operational optimisation platforms, data platforms and data science solutions.
The role sits within a team that are passionate about the environment and committed to building the best high-quality solutions to support the decarbonisation of our society. We are primarily involved in projects for the large-scale electrification of light commercial vehicles all the way through to mass transportation bus fleets.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- As a lead role, we expect you to be setting standards and best practices, both when working on your assigned projects but also across our portfolio. This will include mentoring junior BAs and supervising external contractors working on your or other projects.
- Act as the main interface between the business, product and the engineering team.
- Own and manage the decomposition of business requirements into a backlog of clearly defined user stories, acceptance criteria and specifications by example.
- Utilise a full suite of requirements elicitation and business process mapping techniques to clearly define and articulate “As Is” and “To Be” solutions.
- Ensure that technical deliveries meet or exceed expected levels of quality.
- Support the Solution and Technical Leads in architecting the solution to meet the business needs.
- Have a focus on process, well planned sprints and outputs delivered to the business expectations. Take responsibility for working closely with the project manager to ensure that delivery is kept in line with planned schedules and escalate delays when appropriate.
- Coordinate and run backlog grooming, sprint planning, end-of-sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Create and collate technical and user documentation.
- Deep understanding of software development and testing.
- Be willing and able to understand our solutions at a good technical level and assist in triaging and deep diving into identified user problems and unexpected system behaviour.
Skills & Experience
- Software / technical background and an active practitioner of Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/etc).
- Experience working in Behavioural and Test Driven Development along with supportive tools and processes such as living documentation, specification by example and cucumber (or similar) for business developer collaboration and user based test automation.
- Clear and concise documentation skills for communicating complex concepts to various levels of stakeholders (experienced in practical used of diagramming and documentation approaches such as UML, BPML, C4 etc).
- Proven ability in eliciting requirements from stakeholders (have a variety of techniques from which to choose from).
- Test automation frameworks, writing and executing user acceptance tests.
- Data modelling (including Relational and NoSQL), APIs, microservices architecture and application security.
- Project and release management experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication ability.
- BCS accredited Software Business Analyst certification.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Dental insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening