Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
• Responsible for 2nd - 3rd Line Incident Support Resolution
• Responsible for Patch Management Implementation
• Responsible for Scheduling of Data Centre Fix - Fail Resolution
• Responsible for the implementation of all support requests
• Responsible for the resolution of Incidents as required by the Associated Service Level Agreement
• Responsible for Maintaining Operating Runbook Guidelines
• Responsible for supporting Problem Management in the resolution of root-causes
• Responsible for supporting Availability - Capacity Management Performance - Trend Analysis
• Responsible for supporting Availability - Capacity Management data collection
• Responsible for supporting Change Management Process
• Responsible for Continuous Knowledge Transfer to Service Operating Centre Resources
• Responsible for Operational Acceptance Testing
• Responsible for maintaining Build Configuration Documents
*Responsible for the Installation, administration, data-migration, provisioning, and decommissioning of large multi-site SAN environments.
* Responsible for storage provisioning tasks from the beginning to the end, Performance tuning, and ensuring storage availability at the operating system.
* Responsible for storage performance analysis and troubleshooting as well as storage capacity management and planning.
* Responsible to enable production and disaster recovery replication and testing.
* Responsible for data migration as part of data center consolidation.
* Provide 3rd level support to tickets/requests in accordance to SLA/OLA timeframes.
* Responsible for microcode upgrades. Manage, Storage optimization, dashboards, reporting end of life replacement and refresh.
* Advanced knowledge of and experience with DR application technologies and processes. Works independently with DBAs, System admins, application admins, vendors and project managers.
• Ensure shortfalls in capacity are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed on a timely basis
• Participate in Change Control meetings to assess and authorize changes from a capacity and performance perspective
• Respond to support calls passed on by the 1st Line Support - SOC and resolve in accordance with service level agreements
• Share knowledge with SOC Resources
• Maintain Run Operations RunBooks - Knowledge Management Content
• Perform Operational Acceptance Testing
• Undertake Daily Storage Health-Checks and implement appropriate actions to resolution
• Support Incidents as required by the Incident Management Process
• Support problems as required by the Problem Management Process
• Undertake technical storage administration in support of the SOC Resources
• Support ad-hoc activities as requested by the Service Delivery Manager
* Advanced knowledge of HDS, NetApp storage arrays required.
* Expertise in Brocade and Cisco Fabric switches configuration and management
* Is comfortable working with database, system admins and application teams on performance issues and troubleshooting design and implementation issues.
* Strong knowledge of storage management tools: Hitachi HUR, Shadow image, replication technologies, Disaster recovery, Netapp ONTAP 8.x software
*Should have knowledge on all Hitachi products which includes G1000, VSP,HUS,HCP,HDI -HCI
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Automation and Scripting skills are require Experience:
* 8+ yrs. of related technical experience with provisioning, troubleshooting, and administering HDS and Netapp storage hardware including VSP, AMS, USPV - FAS6200 sFAS8000 storage arrays
* Hands on experience with both ONTAP Cluster-Mode (CDOT) - 7-mode
* Prior experience with design and installation of storage subsystems, software, and/or hardware.
* Experience with storage virtualization concepts and prior experience of using these concepts in data migration activities
* Experience with storage performance analysis and troubleshooting as well as storage capacity management and planning
* Knowledge and good understanding of Hitachi HUR, Shadow image, replication technologies, Disaster recovery.
* Must have detailed knowledge of SnapMirror, SnapRestore, and SnapVault technologies to manage and protect mission-critical data.
* Prior work experience with SAN/Fabric management tools - Hitachi Tuning manager, Dynamic Tiering,
* Prior work experience with setup and zoning of enterprise SAN switches from Brocade DCX and Cisco MDS in a core/edge framework.
* Require automation tools - scripting experience.
* Excellent Communication Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.