Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and senior product leader for Lumada Data Integration and Pentaho products which include data integration, data flow studio, and business analytics products amongst other capabilities. You will be a senior leader on the Product Management team and will be responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product(s) that the engineering team builds. Product Managers lead cross-functional teams from ideation through execution and launch. Product Managers are responsible for setting a product vision and strategy in addition to optimizing the product's market position and financial returns consistent with the corporate strategy.Responsibilities:
• Responsible for driving the product management for Pentaho Data Integration and Lumada Data Integration products
• Experience leading product transformation from on-prem to multi-cloud deployment and native cloud development
• Experience of database technologies (both relational and non-relational)
• Experience with object storage systems and various file formats (csv, json, parquet and avro)
• Experience with systems in the Big Data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Hbase, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.
• Understanding of data integration techniques including ETL, ELT, data mesh/fabric, Streaming and data virtualization
• Understanding of cloud hyper-scalers (AWS, Azure and GCP), their respectively data source ecosystems and cloud migrations for each
• Hands-on experience with ETL, ELT or data virtualization tools a plus
• Experience managing and crafting product strategies for various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfieldOther requirements:
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products.
• Shows increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX Design to know customers and understand behaviors.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrates ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing.
• Collaborates with PM for the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Collaborates with Product Managers/TPMs to decompose features into consumable user stories.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
• Partners with Service Owners/ Development Managers to ensure healthy development process.
• Applies Agile Methodology.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge