Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and senior product leader for Lumada Data Catalog and data management suite of products which include data integration, data optimization, and edge intelligence.
You will be a senior leader on the Product Management team and will be responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product(s) that the engineering team builds. Product Managers lead cross-functional teams from ideation through execution and launch. Product Managers are responsible for setting a product vision and strategy in addition to optimizing the product's market position and financial returns consistent with the corporate strategy.
You will establish and execute a roadmap that ensures leadership of data catalog as an end-user product, as well as a shared metadata service that supports innovation across our portfolio.
• Responsible for driving evolution of the Lumada Data Catalog product and metadata engine
• Experience collaborating across a portfolio, driving a product roadmap that delivers both individual as well as portfolio goals
• Experience leading product transformation from on-prem to multi-cloud deployment and native cloud development
• Demonstrate understanding of Data Governance and Privacy drivers our customers face
• Familiarity with current regulatory topics, such as GDPR, including what part of the requirements can be solved with technology
• Command of the Data Catalog landscape and players, including:
o Understanding of competing data catalog products, as well as potentially licensable metadata sources
o Experience of database technologies (both relational and non-relational)
o Experience with object storage systems and various file formats (csv, json, parquet and avro)
o Experience with systems in the Big Data ecosystem such as Hadoop, Hbase, Kafka, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.
• Understanding of cloud hyper-scalers (AWS, Azure and GCP), their respectively data source ecosystems and pricing models
• Experience walking the fine line of co-opetition
• Experience managing and crafting product strategies for various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
• Outstanding communication skills, by voice, presentation, prose
• Demonstrated ability to translate customer and market observations, together with technology advancement, into actionable intelligence
• Ability to command the respect of stakeholders across the organization, including leadership, R-D, Field, and other parties
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Experience working with data scientists and machine learning developers
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products from conception to market.
• Demonstrated ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing.
• Collaborates with PM for the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritizes continuously in accordance with business goals as well as customer problems and needs.
• Collaborates with Product Managers/TPMs/Product Owners to decompose features into consumable user stories.
• Familiar with and applies Agile Methodology.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
• Partners with Service Owners/ Development Managers to ensure healthy development process.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge