Sr. IT Applications Manager
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Information Technology Group (ITG)
Location: Santa Clara CA , Los Angeles CA, Texas, Denver, Florida
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Sr. IT Applications Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of small-to-large sized application related initiatives such as O365, RPA , web applications(inclusive of low-code, no-code), BPM, Portals and Website that are moderate to complex in nature. This role reports to the Director, IT applications and will be part of a collaborative, cross-functional team tasked with increasing efficiency enabling customers (go-to-market teams) to drive growth.
- Manage IT applications team(onsite / offshore) and assume responsibility to lead small to mid-size project from planning to execution(driving implementation including solution design, development, testing and transition to the production support team).
- Collaborate and work closely with the business teams and extended IT team(systems analysts, solution architects, developers, security SMEs) to transform business requirements into scalable system solutions.
- Adopt established IT Project Management framework(Portfolio, Solution Review, Change Control, Balance Score Card), methodologies, policy and processes. Proactively manage to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Assume full ownership of applications and manages small to mid-size project from planning for the project including resourcing, driving implementation including solution design, development, testing and handing over to the support teams.
- Communicate frequently with key stakeholders and provide project updates.
- Manage customer escalations and be a single point of contact for assigned divisions and functions for managing customer expectation, satisfaction and escalations.
- Deliver projects consistently, on time, and on budget.
- Review all work produced by the development team. Oversee user testing and report results—adjust requirements as needed.
- Ensure code produced and deliverables meets company standards(Security, IT standards and IT Compliance)
- Coordinate with System Integrators (SI) / Vendors to create/ manage Statement of Work (SOW).
- Ensure compliance guidelines are met for new implementations and existing application support.
- Provide support to develop catalog of services and rate card to provide transparency to the business users with the implementation and support model.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Identify and align resources within the function to foster and improve innovation.
- Provide training opportunities and career development plans to develop staff and minimize skill gaps.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or Equivalent is required. MBA preferred
- 11+ years’ experience in IT Applications Life Cycle Management.
- 3+ years of experience on public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- 3+ years of proven experience delivering solutions that leverage Cloud platforms, RPA, Web Applications, BPM.
- Experience leading through and executing cross functional initiatives across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to bring alignment, negotiate and influence stakeholders, to drive projects to completion.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure and DevOps concepts to drive efficiency and continuous improvement within the apps function.
- Motivated self – starter, team player, Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated management skills with a proven ability to connect strategy to execution.
- Experience with managing global software implementations / deployments.
- Experience working in a fast growth / changing environment.
- Excellent presentations skills, Value Drivers, KPIs, Balance score card and proficiency for writing SOW, analyzing data and creating presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including senior executive engagement and high level of personal integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.