The Process Engineering Supervisor position is located in Hillsboro, OR and supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division. The Supervisor will assist in managing the Portland Research &development (PRD) staff in order to meet team, department, and company objectives. The positions main objectives are focused toward meeting customer requirements for current and future technology process solutions with the goal of achieving new and expanding current business.
- Supervise staff according to company policies, procedures, and business expectations while maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment. Develop employees by training, cross training, and providing continuing education opportunities.
- Effectively supervise a team and provide leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Coordinates the scheduling and staffing of resources, i.e. time off requests, payroll, etc, ensuring that the lab is staffed properly to fulfill work requirements. Communicates and presents these plans to the management team.
- Assist the management team in the recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training of new employees.
- Oversee performance reviews, evaluating department personnel to ensure efficient completion of established objectives. Communicate regularly to staff regarding the company’s plans and how their work fits into corporate and SED goals and objectives.
- Assist in the management of current operations including logistics and miscellaneous supply needs. Research, create and submit purchase orders for materials and services maintaining accuracy and conformance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Plan, coordinate, lead and/or attend meetings related to projects or operations.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and market conditions by continuing education, attending seminars, and reading industry-related publications.
- Oversee and drive to completion projects and tasks with very minimum supervision, delegating assignments to subordinates when needed.
- Day-to-Day responsibilities include completing assigned tasks in a timely fashion, performing development tasks and tool operation, and improving specific process development knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on dry etch process development. This includes performing customer demonstrations, R&D of new dry etch technology trends, and meeting the objectives of customer requirements for current and future technology processes.
- Must be able to independently complete process development projects with minimal instructions. Should be able to manage multiple demos with limited support.
- Lead customer discussions regarding demonstration results, new product evaluations, training of process and/or equipment, and troubleshooting of process issues.
- Must be able to interface with multiple levels of customer contacts while maintaining strong customer relations.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports, and generate process engineering specifications.
- Operate Hitachi Etch Systems and be able to train new engineers in the use of these toolsets.
- Must be able to operate all associated semiconductor metrology equipment utilized in the demo lab and be able to train new engineers in their use.
- Utilize analytical tools & techniques to solve process development issues.
- Analysis of data, design and execution of experiments including DOE.
- Interface with Hitachi Corporate R&D headquarters in Japan.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Should have a minimum of 3 years Plasma Etch Process Experience or semiconductor processing.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices a plus.
- Possible travel to Japan for training or customer sites worldwide as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to travel to Japan for project and process development programs.
- Periodic oversees business trips may be required throughout the year.
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communication, strong analytical capabilities and trouble shooting skills, and must work well in a team environment.
- Strong general technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer processing.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with Dry Etch / RIE.
- Self-motivated and show ability to adapt to changes in a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrate project planning, execution, and leadership skills with on-time delivery of milestones.
- Strong engineering analytical/problem solving skills. Understanding of Scientific Method and experience using it.
- In depth knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to effectively lead a team by providing leadership, coaching and guidance to employees and support business objectives and results.
- Ability to work in teams in leadership and subordinate roles. Supervise new hires and provide basic training and guidance.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment for extended hours.
- Oversee some of the logistics of the demo lab like: tacky mats, LN2 fill, clean room garments pick up and drop off, miscellaneous supply needs, and occasional delivery or pickup of demo lab parts or wafers.
- Should be able to manage some scheduling of resources. Both human and Equipment.
- Research, create and submit purchase orders for materials and services.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software competency.
- Job Related ComplianceWire training
- Additional training to handle solvents, acids, bases, gases, or other chemicals used in the lab.
POSITION - SAFETY RISKS AND HAZARDS
- Gases (toxic and non toxic) and handling of wet chemicals for sample preparation and analysis such as dilute HF.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]