Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking Principal Devops Engineer Responsibilities
- Strong experience with Linux OS (RHEL, CentOS)
- Knowledge of DevOps procedures, processes, practices and an ability to help build the necessary infrastructure.
- A desire to automate everything and the wisdom to know when not to.
- Some networking experience a plus
- Awareness and or experience with cyber-security best practices, tools, procedures, coding standards, use of third-party software, etc.
- Experience with version control systems and related best practices, particularly Git
- Can monitor metrics and identify ways to improve
- Able to manage CI and CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) tools within a team of developers
- Can document and design various processes; can update existing processes
- Can improve practices for infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
- Experience architecting and managing large Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with DevOps tool chains such as Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins etc
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana etc
- Experience working with various Kubernetes plugins like istio, harbor, kubeapps etc is a plus
- Good in-depth knowledge of any of the cloud providers like AWS/GCP/Azure is a must.
- Should have experience working with various services on AWS/GCP
- Should have good troubleshooting/monitoring skill set for Kubernetes and Cloud services
- Should have good knowledge of Linux based OS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.