Senior Solution Architect, Data - Technology and Solution OfficeMeet our Team
The Technonology and Solution Office are at the forefront of working with clients and prospects across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver the best solutions for the customer and a profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. Our technical business development solutions architects are central to the success we are having in this area and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Building strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across all industry sectors. Evangelising our industry leading solutions in Cloud and Data and innovating technologies.
• Owning the solutioning process, acting as the design authority and technical lead / interface for our customers.
• Drive data modernization opportunities across a breadth of clients including discovery sessions, architectural sessions, design workshops, though leadership on target strategies for data management and successful use cases across distributed cloud
• Clearly articulating the business value to clients and internal stakeholders and designing an integrated operating model across technologies and processesWhat you bring to the team
- 10 years experience working in data related roles
- 3 years analysing, designing and implementing cloud data solutions (Azure and AWS)
- 3 years in a business development role, working with clients to build opportunitites as well as responding to client tenders (such as RFIs and RFPs)
- Data management solutions across distributed cloud (hybrid and multi)
- Big data and traditional warehousing in both cloud and on prem including Azure Synapse.
- Big data distributions and toolsets (Hortonworks, Cloudera, Kafka, Spark, Cloud Data Flow, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie etc. - RDBMS - NoSQL DB)
- Experience in most of the following : DBs (MySQL / Oracle etc), Columnar DBs, ETL / ELT tools (e.g. Pentaho, Informatica Power Center, Matillion, Streamsets etc).
- Understanding of installation, deployment of large clusters.
- Proven experience on working with very large data sets and unstructured data, including data cleansing/transformation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze and break problems down logically and independently to formulate several solutions options.
- Experience with CI/CD tools; automated testing tools (e.g., Junit, TestNG); Cloud Formation, Terraform
- Full lifecycle experience of Data Engineering/Management
- Understanding of design/architectural patterns, along with cloud-based deployment patterns.
- Good understanding and big data and cloud security frameworks and, concepts and tools
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze and break problems down logically and independently to formulate several solutions options
- Excellent Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Desired Skills
• Deep understanding and hands on experience with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Solutions.
• Project experiece of AI and ML technologies (as well as being hands on with Python or similar tools)
• Architect level certification in Azure or AWS
• Certification in an architectural framework (such as TOGAF)
• Presenting at conferences and/or blogs/webinars
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge