Project Manager/Business Analyst
Why Join Hitachi Vantara
We are an inclusive, highly collaborative organization whose people drive our innovation advantage. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and celebrated and we're looking for like-minded, passionate, and driven people to join us. We know that people are our biggest and most important asset so we have worked hard to create a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. If you'd like to be part of a supportive, successful team who cares about powering social good, developing new revenue streams, and improving customer experiences then we'd love to hear from you.
Generous packages of benefits are available including (but not limited to) flexible working, a generous pension and private healthcare.
Find out why data is in our DNA and makes Hitachi one of the Top 100 Global Innovators at hitachivantara.com and follow us at LinkedIn.com
Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara's Global Business Operations team is responsible for optimizing enterprise operations. One of our core activities is leading strategic, cross-functional transformation - change initiatives, by driving - enabling operational excellence - accelerating growth.
This role will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders at junior - senior levels to understand their needs and coordinate project delivery. The ability to both coordinate activities, timelines, contingencies, and dependencies of work plans as well as communicate progress and drive decision-making at business leaders' levels is a must.
We are seeking a seasoned detail-oriented Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our Global Business Operations group in Hitachi Vantara. He/she will be responsible for managing projects through their lifecycle, from planning to execution and successful completion, while ensuring project delivery with high quality standards and meeting project objectives.
This role will be key contributor to our Business Ops team success through excellent project management, cross-functional collaboration, and providing insightful analytics.
The successful candidate must have excellent project-management skills
• Detail-oriented, - analytical
• Passionate about their work
• Excellent communication skills
• Be able to roll-up his/her sleeves and delivers on commitments. Get it done attitude! Works to find solutions.
• Have excellent problem-solving abilities
• Be able to research, identify, and leverage best practices related to Business Operations , Strategy, and Transformations topics.
What you'll be doing
• Develop - manage detailed project plans, timelines, resources, and budgets with a clear understanding of milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and accountability
• Manage - deliver cross-functional projects as scoped, on schedule, on budget, and ensure project objectives are met
• Creates process maps to display current state and future state workflows, identify gaps - opportunities for improvement, and develop action plans
• Serves as a key resource to identify - research best practices, benchmarking data, and other supporting documentation for various Business Operations - Transformation related topics.
• Creates and maintains data dashboards and PowerPoint presentations that provide up to date results of project progress for project sponsors - Business Operations Leaders.
• Coordinate project activities, timelines, and dependencies of work plans
• Contribute to the transformation initiatives by providing analytics and KPI's.
• Collaborate - partner with, and influence teams at all levels within the organization
• Communicate complex analytical results in a clear and easy-to-understand way
• Drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Demonstrate understanding of stakeholder needs, and business and technology objectives
• Partner with stakeholders to refine requirements into an executable project plan
• Support organizational change management efforts to ensure stakeholder buy-in / alignment, and adoption for the changes introduced through the transformation projects.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritize to work efficiently in a demanding environment.
• Bachelor's degree (ideally in Business or Computer Science related field), MBA or MA is +
• 7-8 years' of relevant experience in project management, project consulting, and/or business intelligence/data analytics
• 3-4 years' experience in a high-tech organization
• Excellent project management skills, with understanding of PM methods, and tools
• Proficiency in leading complex cross-functional projects, using established PM methodologies
• Experience across the full project lifecycle from discovery through launch
• Highly skilled in MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
• Experience in preparing content and messaging for top management communication
• Ability to function autonomously in a dynamic, fast paced team
• Strong presentation skills, experience in data visualization, and ability to distill complex data into easy-to-understand charts and diagrams
• Prior experience supporting stakeholders and quickly building relationships with cross-functional teammates will be critical to success.
• Certification in project management and organizational change management highly desired
• Experience with both waterfall and agile / hybrid delivery methodologies preferred
Our Company Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities.
We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge