Sr. Director, GBS Contact Center and Tech. Enablement Production Support
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: GBS Customer Experience & Technology Enablement
Location: Santa Clara CA, Sacramento CA, San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, Texas
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Sr. Director is responsible for the planning and execution of Global Business Services(GBS) Contact Center Support(Tier 1 / First level Support) and Technology Production Support(ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Apty, Appian, Analytics (Tableau, ServiceNow), GBS Portals) This role reports to the GBS Customer Experience and Technology Enablement lead. The Sr. Director will play a key role in collaboration with the GBS cross-functional team tasked to increase efficiency by enabling the customers (go-to-market teams) to drive growth. Extensive industry experience driving contact center and production support inclusive of emerging technologies is required. The current GBS focus is HR, IT, Facilities and then moving towards Procurement, Finance and extended Hitachi industry verticals. Partner and influence across a broad group of cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment and adoption of GBS contact center and technology.
- Lead and manage a strategic, comprehensive GBS Contact Center shared service and technology production support function with well-defined roadmap, policies, procedures, dashboards, KPIs and governance.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to the team members to execute and deliver the best quality outcome.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Drive C-SAT meetings, workshops and surveys to understand voice of the customer and enable continuous improvements efforts to provide the best customer service to the GBS customers.
- Manage customer escalations and be the first level leadership escalation point of contact for managing customer expectation, satisfaction and escalations.
- Collaborate with GBS business owners, cross-functional internal team and stakeholders to ensure IT services meet objectives of GBS shared service customers.
- Partner with the GBS functional verticals, service providers to ensure definition, standards and adoption of the systems solution effectively meets the business needs.
- Review all work produced by the GBS contact center and GBS production support team.
- Ensure compliance guidelines are met for GBS contact center and GBS Technology applications production support.
- Responsible for sign-off for work transition from project team to production support and contact center team.
- Manage contact center support processes, contact and support matrix, policy documents and ensure timely review, approval and socialization with the extended GBS team.
- Manage due diligence in collaboration with extended GBS Vertical leads. Stringently adopt Hitachi GBS policy and guidelines.
- Provide advisory to the extended team on the overall contact center charter, production support, SLAs.
- Provide strategic guidance during the overall business technology planning, providing customer feedback, current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Conduct workshops, Trainings and meet Hitachi internal customers to enable best GBS support services.
- Provide leadership with dashboard and metrics to support factual transparencies. Create and manage reporting and Dashboards for 360-degree view.
- Identify and align resources within the function to foster and improve innovation.
- Provide training opportunities and career development plans to develop staff and minimize skill gaps.
- Manage functional budget and ensure not to exceed budget. Support and collaborate operational IT initiatives (ongoing continuous improvements with License/Vendor management etc.,).
- Provide metrics and reporting on IT service opportunities, ongoing engagements and service delivery for shared services customers.
- Support the team to coordinate, negotiate, create and maintain CE&TE contact center and production support contracts and agreements with GBS Verticals and System Integrators.
- Collaborate with Legal and Information Security team on GDPR and Data Privacy matters related to global GBS contact center support.
- Conduct recurring team members to drive effective top-down and bottom-up communications.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or Equivalent. Masters in IT or business administration is a plus. MBA preferred.
- 16+ Years of IT Business partnership experience and/or managing large shared service IT operations for a global company.
- 10+ years of stakeholder management across key corporate functions, business units and executive leadership.
- 8+ years IT shared services for large scale complex businesses with ongoing business transformations.
- Experience working in a fast growth / changing environment.
- Experience in diversified industry vertical highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to engage the C-level and senior management in business and IT independently.
- Excellent presentations skills, Value Drivers, KPIs, Balance score card and proficiency with standard office productivity software for writing contracts, analyzing data and creating presentations.
- Broad understanding of and familiarity with different IT standards and best practices such as Project management, ServiceNow platform and IT Security /Risk Management.
- Extensive Experience working in ServiceNow, Analytics (Tableau), Project Management Too l(Smartsheet), Digital Adoption tools (Apty), broad understanding of enterprise software, systems and applications including but not limited to MS O365, workday, SAP, SFDC etc.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to connect strategy to execution.
- Strong cross-functional influencing skills, and proven ability to work with outside advisors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including senior executive engagement and high level of personal integrity.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.