Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
- Establish, agree and own the required plans for each assigned engagement, in line with Hitachi Vantara standards and practices.
- During the proposal phase, pro-actively review all expressed customer requirements and integrate these into the single project plan, ensuring that the project definition and plan are complete with reference to the deliverables, completion criteria, key dates, milestones, effort and cost.
- Ensure that a full risk assessment is undertaken, a risk register is created and the risks are actively managed throughout delivery. Develop and manage contingency plans as required.
- Drive the execution process to achieve the defined scope and deliverables to the dates and milestones set and agreed in the plan and contract. Control out-of-scope requests and initiate corrective action either to bring back into scope or to negotiate contract extension or change control.
- Operate tight controls to monitor and report on progress, specifically recording all costs and effort expended on the project.
- Report progress to both the customer and Hitachi Vantara management, getting broad support and buy-in for initiatives, leveraging relationships with key senior players.
- Provide team leadership to all engagement participants and ensure that a sense of common purpose is developed, and effective relationships exist between all parties.
- Overall, ensure that all completion milestones are achieved, obtaining customer sign-off and acceptance certification.
- Manage or participate in any strategic post project reviews, and feedback lessons learned as part of Hitachi process improvement, leveraging deep customer and market insight experiment, innovate and foster the early adoption of new ideas to deliver client value.
- Ensure that the Hitachi Vantara brand value is enhanced through maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the project and, where customer policy allows, that the customer can be referenced for the service delivered.
- Ensure all engagements are appropriately resourced and that resources are assigned within the project management system for time management purposes. Ensure budgeted and planned hours are maintained accurately and time, expense and invoice approvals are dealt with in a timely manner. Folders need to be retained according to published standards to satisfy audits.
- Identify opportunities for improving existing processes to aid with the continuous improvement of the Project - Program Management Practice through the on-going development of best practices, tools and templates. Make strategic judgements on what will build profitability and make money for the business.
- Ensure Hitachi Vantara quality and best practices are met by stretching and tapping into the performance of diverse processes, people and teams with a wide range of capabilities.
- Continually develop personal skills and experience, sharing own knowledge and experience to help the whole team to develop to their maximum potential.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all core Hitachi Vantara products and services.
- Take advantage of all types of available education material to broaden skills and develop agreed areas of specialization.
- Develop knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas.
- Prior Experience and Technical skills
- Expert in project management methodologies, ITIL methodology, familiarity to datacenter technologies
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience including working within complex environments
- The ability to detect possible causes of conflict or customer dissatisfaction early in the cycle and the ability to take decisive action to resolve them.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks throughout the full project and program lifecycle from initiation through to successful completion.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for specific solution areas.
- Demonstrating leadership versatility: Motivating and inspiring people from different functions, cultures and demographics.
- Stretching performance: Stretching and tapping into the performance of diverse processes, people and teams with a wide range of capabilities.
- Stakeholder influencing: Getting broad support and buy-in for initiatives, leveraging relationships with key senior players.
- Collaborating across boundaries: Building reciprocal relationships and alliances across the business.
- Building business alignment: Aligning teams from across the business with a unifying strategy to achieve long-term goals for future success.
- Maximizing business return: Making judgments on what will build profitability and make money for the business.
- Driving differentiation: Leveraging deep customer and market insight to experiment, innovate and foster the early adoption of new ideas to deliver client value across markets.
- Coaching talent: Sharing own knowledge and experience to help the whole team to develop to their maximum potential.
- Work requires working night shifts (US prime time) as necessary for meetings, discussions and planning with US counterpart teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or other related technology fields of study.
- Industry recognized Project and Program Management certifications - PMP, Prince2, etc preferred. Agile Scrum Master certification also desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.