Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated HSE Advisor
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, Canada.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented on the Project in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
- Ensure the implementation of the STS activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and the HSE Management System of the project and HSE Management System of STS (IMS);
- Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
- Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Ensure the identification of the HSE training needs and the implementation of the necessary HSE training program in cooperation with HR Department;
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors engaged on Project are operating in accordance with GBMS supplier requirements;
- Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
- Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
- Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
- Actively engaging subcontractors, workers and supervisor by having a focused field presence to improve HSE performance and address concerns
- Ensure that working areas are inspected on regular base in compliance with local legislation and HSE Management System;
- Participate to the annual management review meetings.
- Report to the Hurontario HSE project Manager
- WSIB experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Certification of Recognition (COR)
- Ensure 80% of field presence for Electrical Construction activities and Testing & Commissioning of subsystems.
- Supporting Work Package Leaders in reviewing Safe Method Statement
- Deliver HSE Inductions and execute field coaching for Subcontractors and Hitachi employees
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- NCSO (National Construction Safety Officer ) or CHST (Certified Health & Safety Technician)
- Pursuing or having CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional )
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM Field or an Associates in Occupational Safety and Health
- 5+ Years of experience in Construction Safety and Health
- Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
- Experience leading diverse and dynamic teams
- Experience integrating into project teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
- Experience with estimating, budgeting, and planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ontario OHS act and regulations ,Ontario Environment Protection act and regulations
- Experience implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
- Experience developing and implementing site safety programs
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
- A valid non-probationary Class "C" Driver's License
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
- Ability to travel internally and internationally
- Strong interpersonal skills ; able to interact positively with all levels inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive and excellent problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• 5+ Years of Rail Construction of Turnkey Projects Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. #LI-BA1
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/