Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world and carry the strength of a network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 3,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With over 40 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting.Job Description
The Solution Principal is the visionary architect in the Hitachi organization, delivering creative technology solutions in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment. The Solution Principal is part of the Azure delivery team, working with the Sales team and driving the technical sales process from solution inception through project implementation for Azure (and other cloud environments), Dynamics, and Office365 solutions. The Solution Principal works with our clients to discover and analyze requirements in order to develop a Solution Scope of Work with the client, sales, and implementation teams. This role should be capable and comfortable in communicating with IT leadership and the C-suite, with the demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technical architecture, development standards, and data & process governance. This is a hands-on position in a dynamic, demanding environment.Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Hitachi sales and delivery teams, and with our customers' technology teams, to understand customer requirements, and translate them into innovative cloud solutions leveraging Hitachi's core capabilities.
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external teams in order to estimate the scope of work associated with a cloud solution.
• Assist in conducting meetings with customers and prospects. Take a leading role in exposition and information gathering in areas where you have knowledge & experience.
• Assist in the creation and presentation of final customer documents (for example: Statement of Work, RFP, Proposal presentation decks).
• Contribute to ongoing refinement of communication pieces, templates, and processes for the Solution Principals team. Aggressively identify where standard work and automation can accelerate discovery, communication, and solution identification.
• Support customer satisfaction by actively facilitating open and effective communication across customer business units and functional teams.
• Support internal engagement through open and effective communication across HSAL practice areas and marketing & sales teams.Qualifications
• Hands-on experience working at a high level in Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, and Security Architecture.
• Azure skills highly preferred, including provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions.
• Azure Distributed Data Processing of data warehousing, big data batch or streaming pipelines.
• Azure Application Architecture including web/mobile application development, REST API development/management, authentication, authorization, service bus integration, containerization, and DevOps automation.
• Azure DevOps including Git, agile project management, pipeline development, unit testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and infrastructure-as-code.
• Specific, relevant, large-scale experience is desirable in one or more of the following areas:
o Azure Data Platform - including (but not limited to) Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, Analysis Services, Databricks, & Power BI.
o Azure Advanced Analytics and IoT - including (but not limited to) Delta Lake, Stream Analytics, Databricks, Python/Spark, Spark libraries.
o Azure Infrastructure - including (but not limited to) VMs, Firewalls, Virtual Appliances, VNets, Subnets, NSGs, VPN, Gateways, Load balancers, HA/DR configurations.
o Azure Application Development - including (but not limited to) App services, App Gateways, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Service Bus and evening infrastructure, containerization, authentication, authorization, ORM tools, and service-oriented architectures.
o Dynamics - Common Data Services.
• Ability to express complex technical and business concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Ability to work independently & coordinate projects with a geographically dispersed team.
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be a self-directed learner.
• Problem-solving attitude.
• Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail.
• 5 years experience doing enterprise architecture or similar, for a technology consulting firm or
direct employment at a large ($1B or greater) corporation.
• 5 years project management experience on complex, multi-location teams
• 5 years experience working with cross-functional teams and heavily matrixed organizations