HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Global Commodity Buyer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the formalizing of local procurement Services Agreements/Contracts in compliance with procurement delegated powers
- Ensure the respect of contract agreements by implementing procurement actions required to solve identified issues of suppliers (payments terms, variation order, contract clauses) in collaboration with global commodity units, if needed
- Ensure capitalization and sharing with Global Procurement Unit and main stakeholders (e.g. engineering, supply planning...) of knowledge related to the pend local commodity / category (e.g. vendor intelligence, market knowledge)
- Ensure the local procurement activities during bidding and execution in accordance with Procurement Geographical Area strategy
- Support the issue of local Procurement Annual Operating Plan for projects/Bid
- Support the implementation and compliance with Company relevant Processes and rules for the assigned geographical area
- Ensure the definition and Implementation of the Local category/commodity sourcing strategy (incl. strategic alliances & pre-bid tie-ups)
- Ensure the implementation of RFI/ RFP / RFQ process & projections to support bid preparations for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures
- Ensure Procurement Risk Monitoring & Control for the assigned local procurement activities
- Support the Post of Bid Award (Win-Loss-Variance) Analysis
- Ensure Supplier scouting to monitor and establish potential new Suppliers options, by providing price lists/ catalogues and Capability benchmarking
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting of economic and financial figures (budgeted v/s actual savings) for each assigned local commodity/category
- Contribute to the collection and provision to the SP unit of all Procurement data relevant-for the assigned local commodity/category-to make "Cost Estimation Template" for the specific bid
- Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule and inputs received by SP, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant local commodity /category
- Provide monthly reports on Cost Savings and saving assessment mitigation plan
- Ensure completeness of sourcing documentation check list
- Provide Issuing of quarterly report on local category/commodity spend/progress /dynamic (SAP and Project/ Bid data)
- 5-10 years of expertise within the Procurement / Supply Chain - Contract Management
- Understanding / Previous experience with DBS / SME legislation and requirements
- Experience with Framework Agreements
- Commercial negotiations - terms and conditions
- Supplier qualification processes and methods
- Vendor rating/suppliers monitoring
- Purchasing Processes and Procedures
- Benchmarking and Risk Management
- IT Tools (MS Office, SAP, E-Auctions)
- Continuous improvement
- Documentation management
- Procurement Planning Methods
- MPS-MRP techniques
- Cost Controlling & Budgeting concepts/basics
- Negotiation, analyzing,
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/