Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
The Client Director (CD) is responsible for the ownership of Hitachi Vantara XaaS contract(s) from a Global Solution Services delivery perspective, working closely with the account team and senior level customers to ensure Hitachi Vantara adheres to deliverables and the requirements of the contract and that customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained. Responsible for ensuring that Hitachi Vantara customer experience and service delivery is the industry best. All while, meeting service levels, driving program revenue and profitability.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Establishing a governance structure between Hitachi Vantara and customer(s) with clearly defined and documented areas of responsibility.
- Create superior relationships between customer and Hitachi Vantara senior level management based on mutual respect and trust. Participate in Steering committee meetings at Director level and maintain oversight of all local service review meetings.
- Liaise with GS, XaaS and Managed Services team for continuity of service and new service development.
- Responsible for detailed project definition and management (working with the MS Solution Team and/or account team) using the approved project management tools and methodology. To undertake full program management responsibilities for one or more solutions and services projects, including complex projects with multiple sub-projects, providing an effective management interface to both the Project Managers and staff and partners or suppliers. Ensure the project is seen as a success for all parties of the project(s).
- Responsible for Service Delivery Excellence in a 7x24x365 operations environment. Service Delivery Management will report to this role.
- Establish and agree the management process for each assigned project ensuring they are aligned with the overall governance process and in line with Hitachi standards and practices.
- Establish the Hitachi organizational structure within the defined management process for the Hitachi activities and contribution, take ownership of the Hitachi delivery team and ensure that service is delivered and maintained utilizing both on and offshore delivery capability. Liaise with GS, XaaS and Managed Services teams to ensure that the appropriate mix of skills and experience is maintained for all stages of the engagement.
- During the proposal phase, review all expressed customer requirements (including written documents, verbal communications and reasonable expectations). Integrate these into a single program plan, resolving any anomalies at either proposal or project initiation stages
- Ensure that the program definition and program plan are complete in that all deliverables, completion criteria, key dates, milestones, effort and cost plans, and so on, are well-defined and assured, in line with standard Hitachi practice.
- Ensure that a full risk assessment is undertaken, a risk register is created and the risks are actively managed throughout. Develop and manage contingency plans as required.
- Drive the project execution process to achieve the defined scope and deliverables to the dates and milestones set and agreed in the plan and contract. Control out-of-scope requests and initiate corrective action either to bring back into scope or to negotiate contract extension.
- Operate tight controls to monitor and report on progress, specifically recording all costs and effort expended on the project, and relate these to the project plan ensuring that the set and agreed profit objectives for the project are achieved.
- Report progress to both the customer and Hitachi line management, ensuring a sound, comprehensive status is reported and all issues, risks and exposure are highlighted in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide team leadership to all project participants, and ensure that a sense of common purpose is developed, and effective relationships exist between all parties, such that excellent project morale is developed and maintained.
- Overall, ensure that all projects completion milestones are achieved, obtaining customer sign-off and acceptance certification.
- Manage or participate in any post project reviews, and feedback lessons learned as part of Hitachi process improvement.
- Ensure that Hitachi Finance has the appropriate information to invoice the customer timely and accurately and that associated bills are paid appropriately.
- Ensure that the Hitachi Vantara brand value is enhanced through maintaining high customer satisfaction throughout the project and, where customer policy allows, that the customer can be referenced for the service delivered.
- Ensure Hitachi quality standards are met by always maintaining a high standard of professionalism and ensuring high customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for improving project processes, whether internal or external to Hitachi, and initiate actions using the appropriate improvement process.
- Understand and adhere to the processes and responsibilities defined by the territory quality management system.
- Comply with all published Hitachi policies and guidelines.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all core Hitachi products and services
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading large IT Services programs
- Prior Service Delivery experience.
- Proficient with hardware, software and operating systems found in enterprise environments.
- Possesses strong Hitachi and General Infrastructure knowledge.
- Possess general understanding of IT Infrastructure and ITSM.
- Strong Understanding of multiple business environments.
- Prior experience leading, motivating and directing a delivery team.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Excellent Communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in IT Management or other related technology fields of study.
- ITIL - PMP Certification - strongly preferred.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge