Meet Our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Senior Distributed Systems Architect to join our innovation team. We are working to change the way the company and our products interface with the cloud. The candidate will primarily spend time interfacing with engineering team members and product owners to understand technical requirements, work on defining the path of the platform, and writing code. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in the storage domain preferably having worked on scale out block, file, or object solutions. The candidate should be sharp with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to this rapidly evolving technology area.What You Will Be Doing
• Collaborate with product owners to co-develop a roadmap which defines product features and execute to move from concept to release.
• Help distill project requirements into user stores and execution plans for the technical team.
• Lead the engineering execution efforts.
• Dive into the code to resolve problems where needed and be willing to work independently to perform proof of concept and rapid prototyping work.Key skills include
• Ability to work independently and come up with solutions to complex problems
• Java 8, Java collections, Concurrency and multi-threading
• Experience with Java IO (nio, stream, etc.)
• Familiar with databases and their optimization
• Able to effectively work with product owners and other stakeholders to generate clear requirements for the engineering team.
• Hands-on technical skills to dive in and work on core system components when needed.
• Ability to mentor and guide other developers to work effectively towards a solution.
• Possess good communication skills both written and oral.What You Bring To The Team
• 10+ years of software development at least 2 of which should be as an architect.
• MS in Computer Engineering or related field, PhD strongly preferred.
• Experience with multithreaded Java applications is an absolute must.
• Experience working in Linux operating systems, networking, and system scaling.
• Experienced working in Agile teams in an environment that focuses on rapid iterative development.
• Experienced with launching software products.
• Experience developing distributed systems.
• Experience working in the storage domain with a familiarity of the current public and private cloud landscape.Not Required but a Strong Plus
• Direct experienced with block storage devices
• Knowledge of cloud technologies on one or more of GCP, AWS, or Azure
• Security experience
• Deep understanding of file system protocols
• Deep understanding of object stores
• Work on enterprise grade products and/or servicesOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge