Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
The Business Analyst/Architect is a techno-functional champion who leads the implementation of business technology solutions. This individual is capable of developing complex data
integration solutions and providing sophisticated data quality analytics. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principal consultant with superior technical and analytical skills and demonstrates the ability to deliver complex technical solutions to broad audiences.Job Responsibilities:
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Serves as the lead technical and functional resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and ETL structural design and development for Global Services data creation and management processes and reporting.
- Support business development activities by leading solution visioning, including development of architecture, design, integration and development plans.
- Assists in defining vision, strategy and principles for data management.
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, support and optimization of data management/governance solutions.
- Develops applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho products advanced functionality and APIs.
- Develops data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards.
- Provides extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior managers and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases.
- Reviews and assesses technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal supervision
- Customer-focused work habits and attention to detail
- Professional confidence to deliver the right answer based on expertise
- Ability to explain data integration tools, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences
- Must understand how data is, or will be, used and implication on people, processes, products and technology
- 3+ years in database design, especially data warehouse design, using enterprise relationship database systems (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or Teradata)
- Experience working with CRM (Salesforce desirable)
- Understanding of ETL or data quality tools such as Informatica, Pentaho, SAS Data Quality/Data Integration
- Previous experience supporting BI reporting environments (SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau, Pentaho, etc.)
- Power BI experience is desirable
- 1-3 years' experience in customer data analysis
- Experience with data security, data governance, or master data management practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g., Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- 3-5 years' experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar; masters preferred
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge