Meet The Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. We are looking to add motivated, talented people that enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems to our Product Support team. The Product Support team is the first point of contact for Hitachi Vantara's customers. They field and triage all customer requests. This includes working directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document enhancements and answer a wide variety of technical questions. They communicate best practices and work cross-functionally with QA, Engineering, Professional Services and sales teams to help each customer achieve maximum value from Pentaho's services. The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team
- Be an advocate for our customers
- Provide product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Pentaho Software Suite
- Provide clear, crisp communication to clients in understandable, easy to follow directions
- Setting proper expectations regarding client issues to ensure there is no ambiguity around solutions / timelines / etc.
- Document enhancement requests for the customer
- Communicate effectively internally with the Pentaho Engineering and Product Management teams to reproduce, resolve and document support cases
- Maintain an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Pentaho's case tracking and problem management system.
- Contribute knowledge on a regular basis to the Pentaho Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to's for publication for customers and the Pentaho knowledge system.
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Prior experience (5+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environment
- Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
- Web development tools: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris
- Application servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData
- Cloud services (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
- Familiarity with Cloudera, Hadoop, MapReduce, Amazon Web Services & other data housing technologies
- A sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple active support cases, effectively "switch gears" and manage multiple time-critical tasks
- Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and/or building reports within BI related software is a big plus
- Fluency in multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish) a plus
- Professional technical certifications a plus
- B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge