Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Hitachi Vantara Solutions Engineering team is looking for senior Oracle database solutions engineer with Linux knowledge and strong system administration skills to contribute to the technical testing, troubleshooting, and delivery of strategic Oracle solutions using Hitachi Vantara's server and storage portfolio covered in the solution products. The candidate will be responsible working directly with solutions engineering teams that develop UCP for Oracle database solutions as well as associated product management teams in developing requirements, testing, reporting, and resolving issues directly with hardware and software vendors. Candidate must be passionate about troubleshooting Oracle database, OS, and hardware issues in support of the UCP portfolio and beyond.Responsibilities
- Research, design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and report on Oracle database solutions on Linux (Oracle Linux, RHEL) and server - storage configurations - automating repetitive tasks as needed
- Run Oracle database benchmarking tools, and fine tune performance in multiple layers.
- Maintain documentation on issues to track on identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of the issues
- Work with internal colleagues in establishing best practices for testing and troubleshooting procedures
- Generate and highlight the technical proof-points, How-Tos, and best practices that translate to solving real-world problems that our field, partners and customers are facing
- Build and maintain relationship with strategic key partners and internal groups through collaboration on integration efforts to produce of a multi-vendor server test
- Support internal, and sales teams, channel partners, and customers by supplying technical white papers, training, and knowledge for tested, scalable solutions that can be used as guidance in implementing Oracle RAC, OS, and related server technologies in a customer production environment
- Have a high-level understanding of Technical Requirements to Business mapping
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end scalability, performance, and resilience in our solutions
- Work with the associated Support and QA teams to troubleshoot problems from system tests and field escalations
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in server hardware, software, data center management, and related and emerging technologies, to provide, recommend, and deliver best practice solutions and standards for the business
- Oracle Database (Primary)
- Must have 5+ years of overall experience with installing, configuring, troubleshooting Oracle RAC databases.
- 3+ years of benchmarking/measurement of Oracle database and performance tuning.
- Server and Operating Systems
- The candidate must have 5+ years of overall experience with troubleshooting and server testing environments for differing OS and servers
- Linux (RedHat/SUSE), and Microsoft Windows certified preferred
- Expert knowledge in Linux - design, implementation, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Excellent OS background. 8+ years of experience working with one of the following technologies: RedHat, Oracle Linux with the ability to use this experience in designing, implementing, testing, analyzing, and documenting solutions in a lab environment that can be used as best practices with respect to Hitachi Vantara product offerings
- Experience in dealing with production environments requiring planning and testing prior to deployment as well as upgrades and problem resolution
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, Storage Area Network
- Good hands-on experience with Hitachi Vantara storage or with IBM/HPE/Dell/EMC/NetApp/PureStorage storage is a plus
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication is a plus
- Experience in implementing, managing, and troubleshooting different BIOS, PCIe card related issues is a plus
- Experience with Python, Perl and/or UNIX shell scripting and automation technology (Ansible, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.) is a plus
- Expert knowledge of network infrastructure (IP, DNS, subnets, etc).
- Good overall understanding of SAN infrastructures (zoning, HBA configuration, topologies, etc.)
- Expert experience working with industry standard servers
- Some experience with storage systems - good knowledge/understanding of RAID levels, and SAN connectivity (HBAs, switch)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree required (MS in the same field a plus)
- Professional certification for Oracle database, OS and/or server troubleshooting
- Professional skills
- Strong problem-solving skills - awareness on how to best approach complex problems in order to effectively solve them in a timely manner
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
- Team skills that enable a good productive and collaborative environment
- Previous experience writing how-to guides
- Ability to document solutions and assist others when necessary
- Experience working with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively multi-task and execute on multiple projects in order to meet deadlines
- Good presentation skills through customer engagements
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.