Meet our TeamREMOTE in the US
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara seeks a passionate and talented Security Product Manager. This person will be responsible of different aspects of Security of our products and services, and representant of the CISO with other product development and product management teams to ensure that product and services are developed and deliver in a manner that will not affect our customer's security or Hitachi Vantara's reputation.
This person has ultimate responsibility to define the security feature set and recommend go no-go decision on product release based on product posture.
As a Security Product Manager, you will be the voice of the customer and drive software development to deliver solutions to understand status, performance, configuration and risk assessment across Hitachi Vantara hardware platforms Software application, SaaS solutions and Services. Additionally, you will participate on go-to-market activities and ensure security requirements are part of the product release efforts including security, legal, export and compliance.
A position at this level requires a candidate who needs minimal supervision: a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen and work based on objectives, milestones and deadlines. You must be able to communicate throughout all areas of the company including engineering, marketing, sales, support, and services to drive awareness and adoption as well as profitability for responsible products.What you bring to the team
• Bachelor's degree in a major Computer Science related career.
• Experience in product management activities for software, hardware and services offerings.
• Experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting including GCP, AWS or Azure.
• Deep knowledge of datacenter / storage technologies, cloud technologies and delivery As-a-Service.
• Experience working with industry standards and certifications like FIPS, ISO, CC, CIS and others.
• Broad technical background in infrastructure and cloud with the ability to interpret technical specs and architect solutions.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Able to communicate risks and recommendations to Senior Leadership and management.
• Conversant in financial management and ensure programs meet their requirements for return on investment.
• Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view.
• Work with minimal supervision based on objectives, KPIs and SLAs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with technical teams in multicultural teams in all regions.
• CISM, CISSP, CCSP, CISA or any related security certification highly desired.
• Advanced computer proficiency in the use of MS Office 360 collaboration suite.
• Align with the Security Product Manager leader on the security strategy. Oversee product security planning and execution throughout the product security life cycle.
• Collaborate in the definition of the compliance strategy of Hitachi Vantara SaaS solutions.
• Develop and communicate security vision and strategy to internal and external executives.
• Support to the Security Product Manager leader in meetings with the different teams involved in the Go To Market process for our products and services.
• Prepare the new product for launch (represent the security Organization at the Go-to-market meetings) and to monitor quality of the product and services during the entire product lifecycle.
• Works closely with other Product and Services Managers, Product Marketing, engineering, services, support, and operations to oversee and approve product security design and enhancements.
• Attend industry standards and relevant conferences to both influence and stay abreast of new and future industry standards, regulations, and compliance requirements.
• Work together in the specification and documentation about product security roadmaps and security requirements by gathering knowledge from customer interaction, sales engagements, competitive analysis, and analyst research.
• Interact with the different Product owners and development teams to provide updates of the security process
• Interface with customers and sales teams to drive product security direction.
• Liaise with the legal/privacy community to ensure their standards are met in all product and services.
• Provides status updates to leadership throughout the product life cycle.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge