Meet our Team
REMOTE in the US
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
This Senior Finance Manager role will be the key financial business partner supporting the WW Channel Sales Organization within Hitachi Vantara. This individual will report to the WW Commercial Finance Lead and partner with the SVP of Partners and Alliances and her team.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and able to provide financial business support, including decision support, strategic analysis, and thoughtful insights around the business. In addition, you will be the key team member performing financial forecasting and driving development of the annual operating plan. Therefore, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is critical to this role.
As a key business partnering role, you will focus on the financial management of the Sales organization, monthly revenue and spend forecasting, supporting the variable compensation process, and any additional strategic support as needed by the SVP. As a result, you will have a unique opportunity to influence a core part of Hitachi Vantara's strategy.What you bring to the team
• Provide financial support to functional business areas, including forecasting, budgeting, and various analysis - distill complex financial data into insightful information.
• Think strategically and plan effectively; be hands-on, detail and results-oriented and manage multiple tasks against deadlines.
• Work closely with Geography and functional leads to ensure that financial goals around Org, Spend, and Channel revenues are attained and reported.
• Provide governance and operational excellence around variable compensation management.
• Be a strategic contributor to Sales and Operations leadership on matters of Partner incentives and go-to-market activities.
• Possess the capacity to "build financial tools" that solve business use and analysis problems.
• Independently conduct financial and business research, as well as analysis, to support decision-making and explain related observations.
• This individual must work effectively with senior-level employees within the geography, across functions, and, occasionally, with external parties.
Sales and Operations Leadership
Geo Business Finance Leads
Financial Shared Services organizations
WW VP Finance and Finance Staff
External audit partner and fiscal authorities (as needed)
• A minimum of 4 years of experience as an individual contributor and 4+ years as a people manager is required.
• A high level of integrity and ethics
• BS/BA in Accounting/Finance - CPA/MBA desired.
• Highly motivational and can work under pressure and tight deadlines with a high degree of autonomy
• Computer literate, good analytical skills with business sense - advanced MS Excel skills required (VBA and/or experience with large datasets a strong plus)
• Experience driving business solutions within an MS Excel and MS Access environment; developing compilers and analytics from large datasets
• Excellent business acumen and judgment and demonstrated ability to work closely and build sustainable business partnerships with Sales - other global functions
• Excellent communication - written - verbal
• Working knowledge of US GAAP and or IFRS accounting standards
• Influencing skills at all levels of the business
• Capable of dealing with management in the country and various locations
• Confident dealing with a matrix management structureOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge