Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
Data Engineers are responsible for delivering high-quality modern Azure data solutions through collaboration with our team and our customers. Projects may range from short-term client assessments to multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.Requirements:
We would like to see a blend of the following technical skills:
- Hands-on experience working in Business Intelligence, Data Engineering or Data Science
- Azure skills highly preferred, including provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions using Azure DevOps Pipelines, ADLS, ADF, Synapse, Databricks etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- The ability to quickly propose Azure data platform solutions by recalling the latest best practices learned from MVP & Product Team articles, MSFT documentation, whitepapers, and community publications
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Robust data modelling & analytics skills
- Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail
- Familiarity with modern semantic layer and reporting tools, e.g., SSAS Tabular, Power BI etc.
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse or Azure Synapse
- Databricks or Apache Spark
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Generation 2
- Power BI or SSAS Tabular
- Data modelling using the Kimball methodology
- Database migration
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.