Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Compensation & Benefits Team Lead
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
This role will lead work in partnership with the global Compensation &Benefits (Comp & Ben) team to design, implement and maintain total reward frameworks (pay, benefits, labour cost reporting and global mobility) that support HRL's One Hitachi people and teams' global compensation strategy.
Key tasks include:-
- Responsibility to design and deliver effective reward processes that are fit for purpose covering all aspects of compensation & benefits for the US and Canada.
- To work alongside the Head of HR (Americas) in driving forward the reward agenda including pay philosophy, grading and benefits.
- To Work closely with US HR colleagues to create a reward matrix (pay and benefits) across all locations, introducing standardisation where possible and highlighting any differences.
- To support the global Comp & Ben team in designing and communicating the global pay policy for the US and Canada.
- Implementing Mercer job evaluation/benchmarking tools across all US locations. Establishing an associated salary banding, grade structure and salary decision-making process. Carry out training with US HR teams as required. Once implemented oversee the delivery of a consistent and up to date job grading framework and pay benchmarking approach. Ensure ongoing grade/pay band consistency across similar jobs at different US locations and address anomalies.
- To manage labour cost reporting; definition and implementation of labour cost, headcount & related budget process and guidelines, monitoring their implementation and ensuring all the reporting for the US.
- To take the lead, alongside the global Comp & Ben team on the design and delivery of the HRL bonus scheme. Administer the bonus scheme for the US and put together proposals for the future evolution of the scheme in line with stakeholder feedback, business needs and market trends.
- To manage the US and Canada annual salary review process in conjunction with the Head of HR Americas and HR representative for each location. To include the preparation of the salary budgets.
- To work alongside the Head of HR Americas to ensure pay equity compliance for the US and Canada are carried out efficiently and subsequent recommendations are actioned appropriately .
- To maintain market data and participate in pay and benefits surveys for the US. Provide benchmarking market pay data to support HR colleagues. Conduct ad hoc research as required.
- To manage all benefits and schemes (e.g. Retirement plans such as 401K/ RRSP ), to include the design and implementation of the US benefits scheme.
- To be the internal contact for international mobility matters, working alongside the global Mobility team and 3 rd party external vendors.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- To be aware of, actively promote, and implement Hitachi's ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Limited's staff development and training and participate in GPM procedures in HiNext system.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Limited's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Limited's Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
• Over 3 years' experience as a compensation and benefits specialist / expert role for the US.
• Experience of designing, implementing and managing reward systems, benefits and processes.
• Experience of Mercer Job Evaluation systems, grading and salary banding.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills, ability to work and communicate with senior stakeholders and employees at all levels
• Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing; able to influence well at all levels
• Able to work at pace in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
• Experience of implementing pay and benefit packages for the US
• Strong team working skills, able to work collaboratively across the HR function
• Numerate with the ability to understand and analyse complex information and data
• Advanced level skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Degree qualified or equivalent Reward Management qualifications.
• Previous experience of SAP and / or Workday.
• HR Generalist experience.
• Good knowledge of HR policies and practices and continuous improvement
• International mobility administration/co-ordination with external party Education / Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree Languages
• English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. #LI-BA1
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/