Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a knowledgeable application support engineer to monitor and maintain the performance and day to day operations of our customer's application installations in the Cloud Service Provider space. In this role, your duties will include reporting to our Site Reliability Engineer assigned to the customer, collaborating with the infrastructure support team, working with the developers on implementation, updates, and patches and performing successful code migration. To ensure success as an application support engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-Notch application support engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.Responsibilities
• Providing software application support under the supervision of the Site Reliability Engineer
• Performing analysis on software application performance and suggesting improvements
• Proactive application monitoring, application-level incident management.
• Work on application-level automations using common scripting languages
• Ensuring effective front-end and back-end functionality of applications
• Consulting with the software development team and clients to improve application performance.
• Managing code migration across environments to ensure continued and synchronized functionality.
• Manage application releases, logging and alerting
• Ability to establish root causes of application errors independently and escalate serious concerns to the Site Reliability Engineer and Development team.
• Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates
• Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics
• Manage application-level backup and data management
• Documenting new knowledge and procedures in internal runbooks and knowledgebase
• Maintain customer satisfaction by quickly resolving customer issues, take necessary corrective and preventive measures
• Prioritize or de-prioritize the customer incidents or requests considering business impact and urgency, maintain defined SLAs
• Monthly and/or weekly customer reports, sync up calls to showcase support activities and discuss the new improvementsWhat You Bring to the Team
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud Services application-constructs such as queuing and serverless architecture
• Ability to work across all layers (full stack) of an application, from back-end databases through UI
• Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms, such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with CI/CD concepts and implementation
• A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar
• Demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
• Experience with deployment automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Exposure to networking and load balancing solutions
• Experience working with REST API design and development
• Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
• Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
• Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
• Knowledge of Advanced Encryption Standards (AES).
• Ability to keep up with innovation in application design
• Outstanding communication and documentation skills, detail oriented and proactive attitude
• Experience of regular system administration activities and troubleshooting
• Understanding of software development life cycle and agile methodologies
• Experience in Application production support within the ITIL Framework.
• Experience administrating Linux-based operating systems, including memory and performance managementOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge