Digital Project Manager
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Vantara's client base includes 25 percent of the Global 100 as well as many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.Responsibilities
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Digital Project Manager to join our delivery organization. In this position, you will be responsible to lead Customer engagements from Inception through implementation.
• Manages all aspects of large and complex projects throughout the infrastructure and software development project lifecycles including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
• Develops detail project schedules, resource plans, status reports, budget forecasts and influences the effectiveness of a team that integrates multiple functions/disciplines.
• Conducts project meetings, sets and manages client expectations by solving complex issues and changes when appropriate exercising complex Risk, Issue and Change Management practices.
• Practice and encourage Agile mindset and behaviors; coach, inspire and mentor teams on Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling leadership behaviors.
• Independently lead the application of Agile practices for multiple teams. Actions often visualizing work, limiting work in progress, managing work flow, planning and guidance for daily stand ups, sprint planning, short, mid, and long range planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective meetings.
• Partner with key stakeholders (i.e. Agile Coach, Product Owner, Program Manager) in backlog prioritization as well as tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making.
• Oversee and manage/lead requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, feature development, and user acceptance testing
• Partner with cross functional teams regularly to ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization
• Identify opportunities to improve team-level performance; focus teams on customer value, quality and continuous improvement activities. Remove team-level impediments and resolve conflicts; anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
• Facilitate open communication among team members and stakeholders; promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively.
• Conduct market research, validation, and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities
• Partner with the executive teams to identify key capabilities needed as well as identifying potential issuesMinimum Requirements
• 7+ years of experience leading projects in a technical environment; must have experience leading projects consisting of 10 or more people, or projects over 20,000-man hours or $1-5m in budget
• 5+ years of project\\product management or related experience in Software/Application Development and Consulting Services delivering Enterprise Applications/Products for Customers
• 3+ years of recent experience with Digital Marketing engagements, leading and delivering Complex and Enterprise grade Consumer facing Web and Mobile Applications
• 3 years' experience in a Scrum Master or similar Agile role applying Agile principles and practices including delivery of several epics, releases and versions and application of a wide variety of patterns and techniques (i.e. leveraging burndown, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.) preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and comfortable in delivery of key messages advising client executive and management leadership
• Programming/software development experience preferred.
• Experience implementing best practices and standards related to Agile product development preferred.
• Experience leading others with the ability to earn trust while still challenging the team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone in an Agile environment preferred.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, SSM, PSM) preferred
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence
• Experience in the Consulting Services Industry
Job Specific Technical Skills - Competencies
• Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
• Execution - Delivery: Experience in managing complex tasks cutting across x-functional teams; capable of running scrum team in a geographically distributed environment
• Project Management: Ability to initiate, plan, execute, and guide the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria within a specified time.
• Influence: Ability to influence leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
• Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
• Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
• Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
• Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Certain percentage of travel across the US and Canada will be required due to this being a consulting delivery role.