Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
We are looking for a Software Architect for our Lumada Data Management products which include data integration, data governance, data catalog and data quality. As an architect, you will provide guidance with respect to the overall data management platform strategy in alignment with PM requirements. Design considerations that enable the timely roll-outs of new features and functionality are as important as the work on a long-term (strategic) architecture that integrates seamlessly with our other solutions, reduces overlap and technical debt. You will be working with other architects to ensure that all Hitachi Vantara's products can seamlessly utilize the advanced functionality that Lumada Data Management provides.
What You Bring To The Team:
• Bachelor's degree required, computer science, engineering, statistics or mathematics preferred.
• 10+ years technical experience in software architecture, software development, data engineering, or data architecture.
• Familiarity with distributed, fault-tolerant data management solutions, including relational and no-SQL databases, and (object) storage solutions - both cloud-native / Kubernetes and on premises.
• Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Hadoop, and ETL/data integration tools would be ideal.
• Be familiar with concepts and best practices related to data governance, data quality, data lifecycle management (including legal requirements), data replication, geo-partitioning, data access policies.
• An understanding of data virtualization / data fabric would be ideal.
• Programming skills: Java (preferred), Rust, Go, and/or Python.
• As an architect, you should be familiar with common architecture patterns, such microservices, event-driven architecture, domain-driven design, log-structure merge-trees, etc.
• Experience with schema design, dimensional data modelling, data lakes and data warehousing, streaming and batch processing (e.g., Lambda / Kappa architecture, delta-lake, ..)
• Great problem solving, strong communication and presentation skillsOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge