Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are staffing a long term, very large project with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and would love to have you join us! If you are solution-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then come join our team!The Role
At Hitachi Vantara Federal, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. We believe that teams comprised of intelligent, creative, and dedicated individuals can move a customer's mission forward. We're looking to hire leaders who can support and focus their team's talent to pursue impactful solutions based on technology. Responsibilities:
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the (Sr) Scrum Master position include but are not limited to:
• Support two or three related delivery teams as a Scrum Master, operating within the fast-paced application development environment.
• Serve as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
• Help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams.
• Facilitate the coordination of multiple complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors, and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming - Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, velocity)
• Mentor and lead more junior Scrum Masters on the programQualifications:
• 8+ years of Agile Software Development experience, with knowledge of SAFe, Kanban, and other industry best practices.
• Experience in implementing agile processes within a large organization.
• Serve as the Scrum Master, RTE in a program/portfolio.
• Experience working at an organization going through an Agile transformation.
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.