The Business Sales Analyst (BSA) position is responsible for monthly closing process, budget process, and financial analysis support. The BSA will interface with external parties and all the departments within Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc. They will also create and develop various reports for management within the division.
- Financial Closing Process
- Monitor and review financial accounts for reasonableness and accuracy routinely throughout the month.
- Process closing entries and other adjusting entries at month end.
- Conduct the closing process, including managing a closing check list.
- Research and correct any discrepancies in the reconciliation of FIPA.
- Prepare financial reporting documents (i.e. monthly business achievement, Product PL by HC and Product line) and submit to Corporate for their collection record.
- Financial Analyst
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of divisional orders/sales
- Prepare quarterly corporate approvals for expense analysis fluctuation, inventory reserves calculation and warranty reserves.
- Budget Process
- Coordinate the budget preparation process of internal divisional groups (i.e. SCT, Svc, Sales)
- Update common cost calculation for OR and Dallas offices.
- Upload budgeted expenses, orders and sales into SAP.
- Audit Process
- Work with external contractor during JSOX audit (i.e. pulling samples and addressing questions)
- Work with EY auditors during financial audit (i.e. pulling samples and addressing questions).
- Work with internal departments to gather documents for audit requests.
- Accounts Payable
- Receive, audit, verify and process invoices utilizing three-way match to generate entry for payment. This includes complex, domestic and international invoice for parts, supplies and freight.
- Input invoices into AP system (Basware), resolving any pricing and/or discrepancies
- Research and analyze vendor accounts on daily basis (i.e. make sure vendor invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner)
- Sales Administration Functions
- Work with HHT to issue purchase orders, change orders and invoicing.
- Create sales orders, purchase orders, delivery notes and invoices.
- Ensure customers receive the invoices in the timely manner (i.e. post to customers’ website or email)
- Investigate any discrepancies within business processes created by internal departments.
- Validate order and sales achievement reports to ensure the reasonableness and accuracy of the entries
- Issue expense purchase orders when required
- Miscellaneous Items/Projects
- Maintain master files of approved divisional Corporate Approval forms.
- Participate in departmental projects (i.e. process improvement, IT projects, etc.)
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) years’ experience in General Accounting or equivalent experience in a high-tech product environment
- Two (2) years’ experience in an account payable role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Accuracy – ability to perform work accurately, thoroughly, timely
- Critical thinker – ability to initiate and carry out change
- Self-starter and problem solver – Effectively initiates solution
- Organization – highly organized person required – ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with budget process
- Experience using SAP as a SalseForce tool is plus
- Strong computer skills required, advanced Microsoft office environment. Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Handle all duties with discretion while maintaining confidentiality
- Have good English oral and written communication skills
- Have good and basic overall Accounting and general business knowledge
- Have good analytical skills
- Understand overall budget process
- Be able to coordinate with different departments and groups
- Be able to resolve and follow up on issues
- Be able to work under supervisor’s instruction with little supervision
- Be a detail oriented, self-starter and good team player
- Be able to explain the financial data to managers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]