Enter Job Description HereThe Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
As the Data/BI Manager, you provide leadership to the Enterprise Data - Analytics (EDA) team that provides data and analytical capabilities to the entire organization. You will be responsible for helping to define and then execute upon an enterprise data strategy to ensure the business is able to achieve the greatest ROI on its data assets. You will be expected to have very strong competencies in both the technical domain, as well as people management. You will manage a team consisting of Data Engineers, BI Developers, Data Analysts as well as Data Scientists to not only deliver data - analytical capabilities, but to also use these capabilities and provide business analytics services to the business.
You will work closely with stakeholders and team members under the guidance of the "Global Head" of EDA. You must have excellent leadership and business engagement behaviors. Translating business priorities into actions and maximizing the corporate IT Enterprise Data Platform.
What you'll be doing
• Data Strategy - Work with IT and business leadership to define and execute an enterprise data strategy that promotes intentional data usage, based on a foundation of sound data ownership and a profound awareness of data assets.
• Data Engineering - Ensure that the data - analytical capabilities can scale to meet any volume, velocity, or variety of data.
• Business Intelligence - Ensure standard corporate reporting and dashboards are created and maintained to provide information needed to drive the business. Reports and dashboards should be created for clearly defined purposes to answer commonly asked business questions.
• Business Analytics - Establish and operationalize analytical capabilities, guiding data scientists to create machine learning models to help derive value from the enterprise's data assets.
• Data Governance - Ensure data remains accurate and relevant by establishing and operationalizing data governance standards.
• Business Alignment - Be an active participant in the business and a student of the business. Pursue a deep understanding of business functions. While providing the best possible technical solutions and services, act as an advocate for your business partners and the business at large.
• New and Leading Edge Technologies - Maintain a curiosity, an awareness and knowledge of new technologies, their possible advantages and applicable relevance to our business. Work with architects on implementing best practices, new technologies, to provide the business, best in class analytical capabilities
• Production Support - Maintain 24/7 availability to support production services.
• Policies and Procedures - Support and adhere to departmental policies and procedures, including but not limited to Project Management, Change Management, and Issue Resolution. The team is on an agile journey, and you will champion the adoption of agile practices and methodologies. As the champion, you will also be responsible for the execution of sprints and ensure that team successfully delivers good quality projects on time and on budget.
• Vendor Relationship Management - Maintain good working relationships with our select group of third-party vendors, while also holding them accountable for quality service and results.
• Customer Relationship Management - Maintain good working relationships with business associates at all levels of the organization. Be honest, open, respectful, and helpful. Be empathetic toward business associates, be a good listener and provide pragmatic solutions to their challenges.
• People Management - Lead a global team in delivering analytical projects successfully. As the team manager, you will coach and mentor your team and evaluate their performance. You will, build the teams skill and team cohesiveness. Assess training and education needs for the team. You will be responsible for creating a motivating environment and promote a collaborative culture.
• Cost/Financial Management - Budget, track, and plan for expenses (AWS, Analytical and other tools used by the team).
What you bring to the team
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in data domain (building data warehouse, data marts, data lakes, ETL, analytic solutions, etc.)
• 3+ years of leadership experience managing and leading global data teams
• Solid Understanding of Data Platforms, Data Management, and associated Technologies
• People management and stakeholder engagement skills are key to success
• Knowledge of Data Automation, Approaches - Tools
• Experience of working with analytical teams that have worked with Financial and/or Sales teams.
• Data modelling experience
• Data visualization experience (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
• Data engineering experience (Pentaho, StreamSets, AWS Glue). ETL/ELT experience.
• Experience with AWS data services preferred. Big Data tools (AWS Athena, Redshift, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles, including SDLC and CI/CD
• Have worked with teams located Globally (AMER/EMEA/APAC)
The educational requirements for this role are:
• Bachelor's /4-year degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, IT, or related field or equivalent experience.
Hitachi Vantara is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.