Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
The VP of Customer Success will be a core part of the company's leadership team, playing an integral part in the Global Customer Service and Support organization with key ownership of launching Customer Success within Hitachi Vantara Digital Infrastructure Business (DIBU). This leader will additionally be a core member of the transformation workstream that is readying for transformation to XaaS business model with a focus on customer centricity. VP of Customer Support Strategy - Success will be chartered with supporting customers through development of key relationships and partnerships that allow us to help them drive product adoption, usage and most importantly, value from the Hitachi Vantara span of solutions.
The right candidate will be equal parts strategist, visionary, and a doer; easily able to shift from thought leadership to rolling up his or her sleeves to engage in hands-on support. The candidate must have deep credibility and experience inspiring confidence and motivation with senior executives. He or she will bring imagination and determination to solve complex customer issues across a global organization and will define, manage and measure all aspects of customer success company-wide, driving customer satisfaction, retention rates and growth across Hitachi Vantara's current portfolio as well as planned XaaS subscription based offering. A major measure of success for the VP will be his or her ability to build and inspire a team of customer success professionals with a focus on creating exceptional employee experiences. This will require demonstrated success hiring, developing, retaining a high-performing team in a customer first, customer driven culture. Additionally, this leader will be instrumental in expanding a Customer Success Platform and defining clear customer journeys that maps to the holistic Hitachi Vantara Go To Market strategy. Partnering with Hitachi Vantara's alliances and partner community will be critical to the success of the XaaS partner-based portfolio.
The position will report to the Global Senior Vice President, Services and Support and is 100% remote with some travel as required in the future. Responsibilities:
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Drive strategy to ensure measurable customer success, retention, and expansion across various customer segments
- Inspire, recruit, and develop top talent Customer Success team leaders and members who bring a customer-centric view to their everyday roles
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, support and services teams to drive expansion and growth strategies
- Deliver meaningful, strategic and tactical insight to leadership team through customer feedback, business goals, key performance indicators, and customer analysis
- Oversee Global Knowledge Management and initial adaption of content curation as tied into customer experience and success.
- Work closely with Product team to share customer insights that inform future product developments and effectively bring those innovations to bear for optimal customer success
- Manage customer escalations as the senior business owner for their success
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Represent Customer Service and Support within the Customer Experience and Success workstream for XaaS Transformation enterprise program, integrating transformation goals and execution plans with broader functional strategic vision
- Bring Customer/Partner lens and best practices to XaaS Transformation program and align cross-functional stakeholders on customer needs/values
- Prioritize moments that matter for customers/partners to inform investment roadmap and execution plans
- Exceptional team leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Strong customer relationship management skills at an executive level influencing internal leadership
- Understand the importance of culture and values in every team and individual interaction - both internal and external
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Naturally inspirational and motivational
- Pure passion for growing and coaching team members, with an eye on employee experience and engagement
- 10+ years working in a leadership capacity within a client facing XaaS company Proven success partnering across departments
- 12-15 years in a progressive senior leadership capacity in technology - vendor or client - field
- Excellent customer engagement, and problem-solving skills
- Experience successfully utilizing change management and business process mapping strategies
- Experience selling solutions to an HR audience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge