Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Civil Works Supervisor
who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Direct the day-to-day project activities for the Project civil interface team and any other external contractors.
- Ensure that the civil partner comply with Hitachi interface requirements as mentioned on DBJV agreement including building interfaces (station, substations, OCC, depot buildings) and external interfaces with underground ducting work, cable tray routing, alignment criteria, and others.
- Assist/coordinate with civil partner to ensure that system installation team has the minimum requirement to perform the installation activities, not limited to (Power supply, traction power, signaling, communication, security, SCADA, Other...) considering all external interfaces.
- Prepare, implement and sign the handover documents /procedure between HSTS and civil partner, based on the DBJV agreement and ensure that system requirement already met to perform system installation.
- Active liaison with Hitachi design departments, the civil partners and all project members.
- Issuing/ prepare all the needed reports as per the QMP.
- Reporting any major delays in access / handed over with civil partner in accordance with project schedule and access milestone list.
- Follow up the installation activities with work shop Equipment supplier and ensure that access requirement have been met by civil partner in accordance with HSE requirements, Quality standards project guidelines.
- Follow up / supervise the subcontractors to perform minor workshop equipment installation in accordance with HSE requirements, Quality standards project guidelines.
- Ability to recognize sub-standard interfaces for Hitachi equipment and implement corrective actions with all parties.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Engineering degree with background in Civil or Electrical Engineering, with 5 plus years experience.
- Previous experience in a relevant role, ideally in transit/railway
- Core skills: communication, presentation, documentation, training, delivery.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Hitachi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.