Meet the Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Senior Product Owner to join our innovation team. We are working to change the way the company and our products interface with the cloud. The candidate will primarily spend time interfacing with engineering team members and stakeholders to define clear product requirements. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in the storage domain preferably having worked on scale out block, file, or object solutions. The candidate should be sharp with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to this rapidly evolving technology area.What You Will Be Doing
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to co-develop a roadmap which defines product features and execute to move from concept to release.
• Work with cross functional teams across the organization as needed to bring products to life.
• Own the engineering product roadmap and execution plan.
• Translate high level requirements and user experience requirements into defined product requirements in the form of features, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
• Guide the team and stakeholders through tough tradeoffs to optimize outcomes.
• Work as part of the go-to-market team to make sure the full gamut of product launch functions has everything needed to succeed.What You Bring To The Team
• Ability to work independently and come up with solutions to complex problems
• Ability to work in a team with diverse technical backgrounds
• Possess business domain knowledge and have a strong technical side
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as the ability to tailor content for different audiences.
• Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and filter out noise for the engineering team.
• Highly organized, driven, and willing to take responsibility.Preferred Expertise
• 8+ years of software development, product development, or product management work experience.
• Proven track record of delivering products to market.
• Experienced working in Agile teams in an environment that focuses on rapid iterative development.
• Experienced with launching software products.
• Experience working in the storage domain with a familiarity of the current public and private cloud landscape.The Skillsets
• Direct experienced with block storage devices.
• Knowledge of cloud technologies on one or more of GCP, AWS, or Azure.
• Security experience.
• Experienced delivering SaaS products.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge