Meet The Team
The leadership team is composed of the Practice Head and Discipline leads across Business/Product Management, Design, and Engineering.
What You Will Be Doing
The person in this role should be comfortable in a player-coach role and will be a key member of a "founding team" that will drive new product development as well as scale the growth of new business offerings. Expect to lead in discovering and incubating new offerings. Scaling a new offering will be a collaborative effort between the business lead and the practice head.
In other words, you have the experience and desire to focus your time and energy into launching new businesses like a startup founder. Unlike a startup founder, you will have access to a suite of Hitachi capabilities: pipeline of R-D intellectual property, in-house product innovation partnerships, a capital lending group, and an ecosystem of Hitachi group companies providing access to equipment, software, and customers. This suite of Hitachi capabilities will help you validate new solutions and GTM models.
What You Bring to the Team (Qualifications)
• Comfortable working in new product development
• Comfortable fostering a new culture within an existing organization
• Capable of leading a team as well as being hands on in the day-to-day work
• Experience with product strategy and management through hypothesis driven development
• Experience creating business cases and pitch content for funding requests
• Expertise with Internet-of-Things or connected product development
• Experience with building AI/ML powered products
• Strong communication - presentation skills
• Experience leading cross functional teams across design, engineering, and product management
• Strong point of view on what it takes to be best in class
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge