Job description Job Description
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Supplier Quality Control Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing operational tasks and inspections activities at the external providers' facilities or operational sites in Italy and Europe geographical area. The position is ideally based in Pistoia, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling systems, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Ensure the implementation of the quality assurance activities related to the assigned suppliers (e.g. quality audits, evaluation of RFIs, supplier qualification, etc.);
- Ensure the monitoring of vendor rating in order to guarantee the compliance of the assigned suppliers targets;
- Ensure, for assigned supplier quality audits, the execution of the yearly program in accordance with the approved schedule;
- Support the identification of supplier areas of improvement (e.g.: process improvement, efficiency, etc.);
- Contribute to the collection and analysis of relevant assigned suppliers' data.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- A Technician with a recent degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Management Engineering, or Industrial Expert with experience in the Rail sector;
- Prepared for Supply Qualification Management, sharing PFC (Production and Control Plan) with assigned suppliers, and managing technical documentation for testing and trials;
- Knowledge of managing special processes, such as the bonding and painting process, or aptitude for rapid training in this area;
- Willingness or experience in conducting Quality Audits and inspections at the supplier's premises, aimed at the qualification of the assigned product (First Article Inspection Process).
- Ability or knowledge of the root cause analysis and problem solving process;
- Knowledge of the fundamentals relating to the technology of non-metallic materials, to document verification for compliance with fire-fume requirements according to standard EN 45545;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical approach and logical mindset
- Availability for possible weekly national and foreign assignments.
University Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Management Engineering)or Equivalent Technical background. Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. #LI-VR1
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts