Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
For our Lumada Data Management and Industrial IoT Platform solutions, we are looking for an Enterprise Architect who is responsible for the design of common key services which include a shared message bus, an event and notification framework, as well as shared data processing and storage services. Design considerations that enable the timely roll-outs of new features and functionality are as important as the work on a long-term (strategic) architecture that integrates seamlessly with our other solutions, reduces overlap and technical debt.What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree required, computer science, engineering, statistics or mathematics preferred.
- 10+ years technical experience in software architecture, software development, data engineering, or data architecture.
- Mandatory requirements: Best practices for the deployment and configuration of Apache Kafka and Apache Spark, knowledge of Kubernetes (preferably including Istio, Knative Eventing / CloudEvents, Tekton CI/CD, CRDs/Operators)
- Programming skills: Rust, Go, and/or Java
- Familiarity with distributed, fault-tolerant data management solutions, including relational and no-SQL databases, as well as (object) storage solutions
- As an architect, you should be familiar with common architecture patterns, such microservices, event-driven architecture, domain-driven design, etc.
- Great problem solving, strong communication and presentation skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge