Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
We are staffing a long term, very large project with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and would love to have you join us! If you are solution-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then come join our team!The Role
At Hitachi Vantara Federal, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. We believe that teams comprised of intelligent, creative, and dedicated individuals can move a customer's mission forward. We're looking to hire leaders who can support and focus their team's talent to pursue impactful solutions based on technology. Responsibilities:
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the (Sr) Software Developer position include but are not limited to:
• Participate as a core member of the Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities
• Must be up to date on the current technology landscape, be technology agnostic, and have a passion for staying current and experimenting with new approaches and tools
• Deliver on a system modernization project in which business capabilities previously provided by a legacy system are re-developed on a new platform or technology
• Work with complex data and understanding the current technologies available for data analysis, processing, and visualization
• Collaborate with the Business Analysts, test team and leads and provide documentation for customer deliverables
• Lead in design, code, code inspections and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects and participate in other meetings such as use case creation technical interchanges
• Develop estimates for design and implementation based on a level of effort and relative sizing (small, medium, large) depending on complexity of the requirements
• Comply with CMMI level 3 and project level processes to improve efficiency and consistency of all deliverables
• Guide and mentor junior software engineers within the project
• Coordinate closely with peers to ensure proper implementation of system specifications and integration of the new development with the complete systemQualifications:
The (Sr) Software Developer will have the following qualifications:
• Oracle 11g / 12c, Exadata
• Linux, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Axis, Apache Spring, REST/JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD
• Experience with Subversion, JIRA, and HP ALM
• Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Ability to very quickly ramp up to understand code, provide updates, design inputs, interfaces to other applications
• Familiar with Agile development methodology
• Experience in a parallel development environment managing overlapping development efforts that can impact the same functionalities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
• Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.