Meet our Team
At Hitachi Vantara's Digital Insights practice, we help our clients by building technology solutions that addresses business challenges and improve business outcomes with data-driven insights. As we continue expand our big data team, we are looking for Service Delivery Manager who are passionate about technology and want to build a career working on the latest technology platforms.
The Service Delivery Manager will use his/her technical and functional capacities to build effective,
customer-facing operations / delivery management with consulting background and proven experience in Cloud Ops & SRE Operations S/he is a storyteller, who uses that mindset to connect to client product squads across the breadth of our
digital initiatives. What you'll be doing
SRE Technical expertise having exposure on Cloud native application team support activities covering two key functions i.e. site reliability engineering and platform engineering.
Should also have sound experience on Incident Manager role .
Platform Engineering -
- Provision, manage, maintain, optimize and secure infrastructure either on-premise and/or cloud environments ranging from servers, networking to databases, etc.
- Config, security, policies, certificate and knowledge management for respective tools
- Managing CI/CD pipelines and ensuring all the tools and platforms are available for the delivery team
- Ensure proper access control to only specific resources based on the scope of access
- Managing resource utilization, costs and ensure continuous deployment and end-to-end monitoring
- Automating workflows and processes
- Strategize with fellow team members and other engineering teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about platform improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct
SRE Responsibilities -
- Work closely with vendor partners and teams to ensure application meets security, SLA, and performance requirements with help of robust monitoring and alerting
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators
- Participate in capacity planning and forecasting, system performance analysis, and system tuning
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents. Streamline various processes including Change/Release, Incident and Problem Management to improve cadence
- Automate work including infrastructure needs, testing, failover solutions, failure mitigation, and much more (Ansible/Puppet/Chef)
- Document current and future configuration, processes and policies. Leverage automation framework to improve processes, automate deployment, and improve manageability of environment
- Participate in CAB, on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues
Incident Manager -
- Overseeing the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Timely and quality triaging and updates on progress, closure of incidents
- Timely problem ticket creation, analysis, updates, triage/closure
- CAB : Pre-CAB Change ticket review, analysis, CAB participation, acknowledgement /rejection, scheduling, execution, associated communications
- Coordination & communications during the shift
- All shift updates / proper handover
- Ensuring all relevant reports are sent in respective shift
- Review tickets for the track, identify areas where Problem Management or incremental improvement initiatives are required, liaise with team to progress
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge