*US residency and working authorization required The Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. Job Description
The Presales CTO plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing technical expertise in defining solutions based on business outcomes and data center modernization. Working closely with the field sales organization, presales consultants, and customer representatives, the Platinum Enterprise Architect will create complex solutions leveraging the entire portfolio and third-party technologies including computing and storage, Hybrid-Cloud and Multi-Cloud, Application Modernization, Automation and Orchestration solutions, DataOps, and Big Data Analytics.
We are looking for someone who understand major trends and drivers (changes in regulation or compliance rules), new opportunities in the industry and create high value solutions using our technology and 3rd parties to build solution that presales teams can later use and repeat in other clients or opportunities. Also, someone with experience to lead teams and help manage teams in the US. Responsibilities
The CTO is responsible for aligning technology vision with business strategy to deliver data-driven solutions that enable better customer experiences, new revenue streams, and business cost optimizations. That responsibility includes IT priorities and technology trends, Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud, Converged and Hyper-converged solutions, Automation and orchestration, Big Data Analytic Platform, AI & ML, business planning, solution requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Support field account planning, strategy, and sales activities
- Be viewed as a peer to Industry CTOs and senior executives
- Act as a trusted advisor who is up to date with industry and IT trends and can build high level and valuable solutions that meet customers' business needs
- Utilize industry experience and knowledge with key Hitachi Vantara solutions and evangelize them to our field technical sales and customers
- Uses understanding of customers' business needs and knowledge of industry trends to build a business case for Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Establish and extend Hitachi's industry point-of-view through active social media participation
- Position the unique value that disruptive modern technologies bring to CxO
- Maintain connections with industry experts and luminaries to cultivate and use industry information, trends, and insights
- Work closely with Solutions Engineering and Services to prioritize key industry solutions and capabilities
- Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
- 10+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role in the Storage Industry or in a High-Value Solutions Infrastructure company
- 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Thought leadership (internally, events, conferences, communications)
- Influence efforts, investments across the ecosystem, internally and externally
- Strong advisory skills for applying IT best practices to business
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as Server technologies, converged and hyperconverged, Hybrid Cloud, Virtualization/VMware, Containers, Automation, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc. would be a plus
- Track record of success in Business Technology related sales.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical, and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience
- Excellent whiteboarding Skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Personable - Able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively. Able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter.
- Valid driver's license required.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.