Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Manager S&M Rolling
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Accountabilities
- Coordinate project team allocating responsibilities and deliverables with respect to company processes and project scope of work
- Define and gain approval for business requirements, process modeling deliverables, project plans and charters
- Perform the project scope of work in accordance with contractual KPIs
- Manage the Client as focal point for any technical and administrative project issues
- Review and estimates project cost (including spare parts, labor and third parties) and project timing based on scope and complexity of the project
- Control and mange project P&L in terms of budget costs, revenues, margin and invoices
- Support commercial department in assessing and deliver new commercial initiatives/variation orders
- Support procurement in working with subcontractors to obtain proposals for project work
- Manage subcontractors performance in accordance with contractual SLA (Service Level Agreements)
- Track, develop and create release calendar for project implementation
- Track each project schedule and create a project plan
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Solid experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in service & maintenance environment with managerial role
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong Clients relationship attitude and skill set
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in travels within the country
- Understand and comply with all Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) programs and procedures
Education / Qualifications
- Good knowledge and technical background in rolling stock
- Good knowledge and relationship with Trenitalia Organization
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects in railway environment and technology
- Contract management skill set
University Degree in Engineering or Technical matters Languages
Good knowledge and ability in understanding, writing and speaking English language.
Other languages will be an important plus Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. #LI-KG1
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail