Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara is building a best-in-class support experience and seeks world-class talent to lead knowledge management for the global support organization. As the Knowledge Management Leader in the Global Customer Support organization, you will ensure the knowledge management strategy for digital, self-service and assisted-service customer support. As a Leader of Global Knowledge Management, you will lead and help set standards for how knowledge is developed and utilized globally in the Hitachi Vantara Support Organization. This position will play a key role working with other leaders and contributors in Support to ensure knowledge is effectively integrated into the Support self-service and assisted-service strategy.
You will help drive the knowledge strategy from concept definition to governance to launch, execution, and optimization. Working closely with the support managers, support and regional teams and leaders, you will be responsible for ensuring knowledge standards for developing, auditing, and maintaining high quality content while being accountable for the promotion and communication of the Knowledge Management policies, process, and procedures to make knowledge a central focus of the Hitachi Vantara support strategy. You will work very closely with the support managers, support delivery, regional teams, and leaders to ensure Hitachi Vantara has the necessary knowledge, culture, organization, processes, policies, procedures, and technology.
To be successful in this position you must possess a combination of strong entrepreneurialism, evangelism, and execution acumen. Across the global support organization, you help stakeholders understand how knowledge fuels success. You will help evolve leading practices for codification, reuse, recognition, and rewards to pioneer the knowledge strategy. You should have a deep appreciation for both the customer and support resources and understand how knowledge transforms both the customer and employee experience. And finally, this role works effectively across all Hitachi Vantara organizations helping to empower stakeholders, change management, service teams, trainers, curriculum developers and subject matter experts to develop and support new and existing features, and services.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Understand and convert company and global support goals, plans and initiatives into knowledge management strategy and execution with measurable results.
- Contribute to the global knowledge management strategy and execution aligned to global support goals, improvement initiatives including tools rationalization
- Responsible for establishing and chairing global Support knowledge council
- Responsible for establishing, owning and continuous improvement of the Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) process and practices within the organization
- Responsible for the health and continuous improvement of the knowledge strategy and associated knowledge base to include:
o Content curation methodologies for existing knowledge
o Article lifecycle evolution including application to AI/Bots, etc.
o Strategy to address content gaps
o Overall article quality and creation process
o Article reuse
- Define and drive governance mechanisms to ensure delivery, self-service, content quality, and continuous improvement.
- Work with stakeholders, program managers, and Support leadership and managers to deliver knowledge and enablement process improvements.
- Define analytical approaches to uncover new insights and formulate recommendations; monitor and report on program performance; drive action planning based on insights.
- Facilitate change contributing to the adoption of and engagement in knowledge and enablement solutions.
- Effectively manage program and stakeholder meetings, drive discussions to conclusion, and keep knowledge initiatives on track.
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities and perform root cause analysis/diagnosis leading to significant business impact.
- 5-10 years of experience leading a Knowledge Management program with a proven ability to lead and deliver on strategic and tactical business objectives
- Proven track record of translating support business objectives into knowledge solutions by overseeing global knowledge projects, other projects where knowledge is part of the solution, and driving the roadmap for knowledge management
- KCS certified practitioner or willing to become KCS certified within first 6 months of hire
- Success leading knowledge governance strategy and processes
- Deep understanding of how knowledge is utilized within the self-service experience across a broad range of processes and technologies to include chatbots, enterprise search, communities, case management, etc.
- Proven track record in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects/deliverables where your detail-orientation ensures that when things are moving fast, nothing falls through the cracks
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills and ability to interpret and act on insights from multiple, complex data sources
- Direct experience with digital asset management, search and learning content management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 25% (post covid regulation adherence)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge