Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking Hadoop Developers Responsibilities
Hitachi is looking for a talented Software Engineer to develop and maintain all parts of the Pentaho Community and Enterprise software suite. Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality, documentation, and the open source community to enhance and advance all portions of the Pentaho software suite.
QualificationsAny Engineering Graduate
- Overall 7 years of experience
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system
- 5+ years of experience in Bigdata, Hadoop.
- Good hands on exp in Hadoop configuration - Cluster Management.
- Support and administration of CDH, HDP, and MapR clusters
- Support and administration of Cloudera (CDH) - Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) in Kerberized environments
- Spin up and configuration of AWS EMR and EC2 Test environments
- 3+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Software Development
- Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
- Experience analyzing code performance and implementing performance improvement.
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.