In this critical Technical Sales role, you will be responsible for providing specialist technical support on the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio to our field sales force - partner community, to ensure the Hitachi Vantara EMEA organisation achieve their Object Storage focused business objectives (financial and other KPIs).
As one of the EMEA HCP/Data Intelligence Technical Experts, you will utilise your knowledge of the Object Storage market in general - the HCP portfolio in particular, to support customer - partner engagements. Throughout the engagement - execution phase you will keep the technical sales leadership informed of key issues that may impact successful closure of opportunities.
From time to time, you will also be required to represent the HCP/DI portfolio of solutions externally at industry and/or analyst events - through social media. In addition, you will play a key role in working with other key stake holders (Global resources, Product Mgmt) to ensure that the long-term strategy of the portfolio aligns with customer demand - market dynamics.
This is an EMEA wide role which will require some travel.
• Provide Technical knowledge - expertise to support Hitachi Vantara's Object Storage opportunities in the EMEA market.
• Further specialize in and be the EMEA "go to" person in an area pertinent to the Object Storage business (e.g. Backup - Recovery, Archiving, Cloud Storage, etc.)
• Contribute to defining the future strategy of Hitachi Vantara's Object Storage portfolio in alignment with market expectations, changing trends - customer requirements.
• Plan - deliver Object Storage focused enablement activities internally - to the partner community.
• Participate in planning - delivery of Object Storage focused marketing - other demand generation activities.
• Represent the Object Storage portfolio internally - externally.
• Minimum 5 years experience of working with Object Storage technologies gained in a pre-sales, product management or delivery role. Specific knowledge of the HCP portfolio advatagous.
• Extensive technical knowledge of the general IT landscape - trends.
• Proven communication and presentation skills, able to adopt to the target audience (internal, external - seniority levels).
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple engagements - prioritization, planning - attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, tenacious - comfortable working in a GEO/Global distributed team structure.
• Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
• Fluent in English (verbal - written communication)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.