Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are looking for highly qualified team-oriented Unix/Linux Consultant with excellent communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to details. The person will communicate with client to understand requirements and explain clients' need to developers and the team. Responsibilities
- Engaging in the delivery of support services
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation
- Involvement in pre-sales activities; giving technical input to proposals, delivering presentations
- Providing technical support, consultancy and administration across a range of technologies, principally Oracle Linux enterprise, Oracle Cloud/ Virtualization services and Monitoring services
- Scripting and automation with ability to create minor maintenance scripts
- Working closely with implementation consultants, offshore Managed Services consultants and client staff to scope and deliver projects
- B.S., M.S. or equivalent degree in Information Technology or relevant major
- At least 4 years of experiences in delivering technical support services
- Hands-on experience of Linux server administration skills; in particular with Oracle Linux Enterprise, Red Hat Enterprise or Unbreakable Linux.
- The ability to take ownership for assigned tasks on projects, reporting on personal progress
- Ability to communicate with the team and clients across multiple geographies
- Proficiency in English
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.