Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Front-end Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team. Hitachi Vantara's Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia. We are looking for a smart, creative, self-motivated, hands-on, and intellectually curious individual who can take and effectively turn UX requirements into production quality solutions. What You Will Doing
- 3+ years of hands-on web application development skills using Node.js, React and jQuery.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, in Computer Science or similar disciplines.
- You should have proven experience programming for front-end development.
- You should be comfortable and experienced in working with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for major components of the product.
- You should also have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- An appreciation for developing smooth seamless user navigation experiences with attention to run-time error handling which delivers informative messages to the user.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with REST APIs and/or GraphQL and querying database systems and displaying result sets at scale.
- Experience in delivering projects under Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in developing & deploying applications using containers or Kubernetes clusters.
- Can help and guide team members with technical issues
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge