JOB DESCRIPTION Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signalling Engineer On Board
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Develops and supports software solutions for metro systems.
• Design software from requirements in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
• Prepare project and design documentation.
• Test software in lab and field environments to ensure compliance to requirements. This includes system integration testing with wayside, office and other systems as necessary.
• You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization.
• Provide software estimates for changes from either internal or external sources.
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
• Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
• Support the customer, co-workers, field-testing or production issues on weekends or after hours (as needed).
• 5-10 years' software development experience using Object-Oriented Design principles and using C, C++, C#.
• Software Development Life Cycle.
• Experience Rational Team Concert (RTC)
• Operating System - Windows, Linux, Embedded (No OS)
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
• Established troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical and debugging skills
• Experience with developing factory and field test procedures.
• Display problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
• Display ability to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Display excellent time management skills.
• Display excellent organizational skills.
• Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrate competency in programming fundamentals.
• Experience developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
• Network Communications (TRDP)
• Ability to read and understand schematics
• Developing or supporting bids and proposals for new work, Education/Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. #LI-BA1
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Position opened t o hire Matt Rheingrover as a temporary contractor to maintain efforts on current projects until a suitable replacement can be hired.