*US Residency and working authorization required The Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Job Overview:
The Global Solution Lead (GSL) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional responsible for providing File/NAS platform design expertise on high value opportunities in a specific group of aligned technologies. The GSL, consistently exhibiting a proactive approach to their activities, collaborates with Sales and Technical Sales account teams and partners to develop solutions and proposals by leveraging expertise and technical depth in their specialization as well as complementary technologies and services.
Seen as a subject matter and industry expert and understanding industry trends, innovations and market direction, the GSL leverages a consultative approach to understanding customer or partner technical and service requirements within an area of specialization, including an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape. As a technical advisor in their assigned territory or segment for field and partner enablement and market awareness activities, as well as being the territory leader of the technical strategy, the GSL must possess strong technical and interpersonal skills to proactively lead technical discussions with the customer, partner and account teams.
The GSL, while primarily focused on collaboration in customer business-centric technical solutions creation, maintains additional areas of technical solutions responsibilities. The GSL serves as a liaison to the Global Solutions Leads and Product Management (PM) for those solutions specific to their area of technical focus. In this liaison role, the GSL provides communication to and from field teams and the Solutions and PM organizations with responsibilities that include being the primary conduit for customer solution demonstrations and proof-of-value. It is through the GSL's technical domain expertise for a specific solution family, and their ability to translate technology values into a business value proposition and business outcome, that makes the role of the GSL critical to the technical solution sales process. The GSL must be able to support multiple sales campaigns concurrently while serving as the domain expert for account teams and their customers.Job Responsibilities
- Primarily engage in top opportunities or beachhead accounts, whether Platinum, enterprise or commercial-based customer
- Proactively collaborate with account teams in the different stages of the sales cycle, providing focus solution expertise assistance while serving as the "go to" expert
- Proactively pursue and coordinate with sales, presales, and services leadership, together with partner managers and account teams to prioritize high value opportunities to engage on
- Frequently communicate and commit to delivery of internal technology and solutions roadmaps and NDAs, to help spur conversations around innovation
Solution Development and Presentation
- Proactively collaborate with the account SC and Partner's SE to develop the complete technical response, within their area of specialization, to RFPs, in customer presentations, solution design, etc.
- Proactively provide and leverage focus specialty technical expertise to real customer requirements for support of presales solution development, presentation and demonstrations of solutions/products (through Proof of Concept (PoC) and Center of Excellence (CoE) use - as they apply).
- Proactively represent technology domain to support broader technical and business architecture, as well as business case development and business value demonstration.
- Proactively contribute to the competitive analysis of the solution, leveraging his/her knowledge of high/low level details of area of specialization including hands-on experience in implementation, configuration/setup, and use
- Proactively recognize a competitor's technological advantage in specialization from a customer's or partner's perspective, describing Hitachi Vantara current competitive positioning
- In a self-driven and proactive fashion, develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of broader set of competitive solutions, competitor messaging and sales cycle impact. Be able to formulate a response to competitive claims against Hitachi Vantara products / features / technologies within area of specialization.
- Know when to collaborate and when to compete with other key providers in your specialty, identifying technical win strategies
- Proactively develop, maintain and share knowledge of ROI information as it exists and how relevant solutions commonly impact customers based on GSL's previous experience
- Proactively and with an ongoing sense of ownership, develop and present customer facing technical material related to area of specialization, leveraging awareness of business outcomes as determined by and collaboration with account team.
- Be recognized as a subject matter and industry expert in area of specialization and proactively take a lead role in mentoring SC team members, partners, customer engineering resources, sharing knowledge and best practices throughout Hitachi Vantara and the GSL Community.
Relationship Building and Nurturing with key clients, internal resources and partners
- Network effectively to build trust and confidence
- Focus on interactions with higher levels within the customer (e.g. up to the Chief Architect or CxO levels)
- Build relationships with account teams, customers and partners solidifying their understanding of GSL technical leadership within area of specialization
- Eliminate technical and competitive hurdles with the customer and partner during the sales process
- Act as a trusted advisor within specific technical domain, with respect to the GSL's top opportunities and advise on a design in their area of specialization
- Consult with the account team to recommend best Partner/Partner Engineer to assist on an opportunity
- Be proficient in concisely communicating a business problem statement, impact and possible solutions
- Build relationships with peers within area of specialization
- Assist Services group in scoping exercises, drawing on resources (particular services and relationships) in a Pre-Sales capacity and identify the best resources
Personal and Organizational Development
- Proactively pursue development of an advanced understanding of area of specialization, continuing to focus development and position of "go to" expert for technical specialization
- Be able to design and deliver a customized demo / PoC / Proof of Value (PoV) for a customer (within or outside of the CoE environment)
- Maintain ongoing focus on developing role as a subject matter and industry expert in one primary technology domain, including in-depth knowledge of: Hitachi Vantara and industry technologies, architectural approaches, applications, services, vendors, partners, systems relevant to their industry, technology trends, innovations and market changes/direction.
- Establish advanced knowledge of products and solutions that are outside of focus technical specialty (e.g. Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Virtualization and Applications)
- Establish advanced knowledge of major competitive product features and configurations
- Exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Actively maintain a large and active network of influencers
- Actively develop technical, professional and sales skills
- Explore internal and external certifications that increases value and impact to the GSL role
• Strong relationship skills and executive-level presence
• Strong leadership, communication, and technical skills
• In-depth technical consulting skills within a primary domain, including ability to ask probing questions, obtain deep understanding of business and technical needs, define trade-offs, and recommend appropriate Hitachi Vantara solution capabilities into a broader technology and services environment, and expertly defend recommendations in competitive environments
• Recognized as a subject matter expert in one primary technology domain, including in-depth knowledge of: Hitachi Vantara and industry technologies, architectural approaches, applications, services, vendors, partners, and systems relevant to their industry
• Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills. Must be able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message
• Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
• Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
• Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in technology specialization
• Demonstrated technical sales experience
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.