Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Telecom Supervisor
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Mississauga, ON, Canada.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
Required Skills/ Knowledge/Education
- Direct the day-to-day project activities with sub-contractors.
- Monitoring Telecom , security and SCADA installation activities, ensuring compliance to specifications, standards, drawings, safety and international codes
- Liaising with project team members and to resolve on-site issues to a mutually satisfactory position.
- Maintaining consistent, sustainable safety onsite and promoting a safety culture, while maintaining quality parameters
- Identifying and reporting any issues to Construction Manager, supporting document submittals, budgets, and schedules.
- Interpreting and ensuring compliance with specifications, drawings, standards and regulations for equipment
- Planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring work activities through accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculation and sketches
- Producing quality electrical engineering plans, studies, method statements and specifications while ensuring compliance with department, project, utility, regional electrical entity and standards.
- Reviewing electrical discipline calculations and equations and participating in engineering, design, and construction review processes, conducting value-engineering studies of alternative design solution approaches.
- Conducting weekly safety training and awareness meetings with the HSE department and ensuring ongoing compliance
- Preparing weekly status reports showing operation plans and executed work related to the site
- Witnessing testing, issuing electrical equipment, pre-commissioning, commissioning and starting-up support to operations
- Implementing project handover and assisting with final handover of documentation as necessary
- Active liaison with Hitachi Installation and Quality teams, and other project partners, including the compliance of the interface requirement from Hitachi.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Engineering degree background in Electrical Engineering, with 7 - 10 years' experience.
- Previous experience in a relevant role, ideally in transit/railway
- Core skills: communication, presentation, documentation, training, delivery.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowlege of PCs and software applications related to the work.
• 5+ Years' experience in transit/railway would be considered a strong asset. Languages
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Hitachi welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.