Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Role/Candidate: ServiceNow Developer
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing ServiceNow applications. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
Role location: Chantilly, VA (onsite 5 days per week)
Clearance Required: TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI poly
• Develop and maintain ServiceNow services
• Design, implement, test, and support ServiceNow applications and documents design ideas
• Participate in requirement gathering sessions
• Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
• Configures and tunes ServiceNow application servers
• Ensure cleanliness and optimization of ServiceNow code
• Participate in production troubleshooting and issue correction for ServiceNow applications after production implementations
• Participates in production issues remediation and troubleshooting as needed
• Solve complex production issues
• Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
• Perform system and application configuration and management. Provide customer support of tickets assigned to the ServiceNow team
• Complete development, configuration and workflow administration to support business processes in the platform
• Participate in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Training, and Operational Support
• Uses scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality, create script to automate routine tasks being done in ServiceNow
• Provide configuration update support and functionality checking within the development cycle of ServiceNow
• Work with development team to migrate updates into the production environment
• Developing, testing, deploying and updating workflows, approval flows and rules
• Experience developing ServiceNow applications ITSM, ITOM, and ITBM
• Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience
• 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience
• Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python
• Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.)
• Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols
• Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus
• Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus
• Knowledge of Agile - Scrum Methodologies
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
• Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.