Meet our Team
The Director of Cloud and aaS Pricing is a challenging, hands-on role within the Global Pricing Operations team working directly with Product and Finance stakeholders to manage the pricing and packaging of software, cloud and aaS offerings. The role will lead the definition of pricing and licensing models to maximize value extraction for Software and as-a-Service offerings. The scope of this role includes driving pricing strategy, gathering competitive data, setting list prices, implementing pricing policies, and measuring price realization. This role will also own the pricing model design of Software and as-a-Service offerings that span from perpetual and fixed term selling models into subscription, variable consumption and risk sharing monetization approaches.
If you enjoy working on and influencing large strategic transformation projects to improve pricing outcomes and business performance, this opportunity is for you. The role will lead a small pricing team and reports to the VP of Strategic Pricing.
Would prefer this person to be in Santa Clara or Dallas - remote as well. What you'll be doing
Lead pricing and packaging of Software and XaaS subscription offerings, including enterprise-wide consumption agreements
• Drive and lead cross-functional pricing-related activities over the Product Lifecycle, including establishing pricing strategies, packaging structures, unit of measure, list prices, and discount levels
• Actively engage cross-functionally to establish requirements for building organization capabilities necessary for pricing/monetization model transformation and optimization
• Drive resolution of operational issues related to new pricing models
• Establish key metrics, monitor and assess the performance of pricing strategies against objectives, and recommend changes to improve financial performance What you bring to the team
- 4-year college degree required; MBA strongly preferred
• 10+ years of overall experience preferably within Pricing, Finance, or Marketing
• Experience in enterprise/cloud software-related fields and/or managed XaaS solutions with deep understanding of Software and XaaS pricing models required
• Experience with Enterprise Agreements and deal structuring
• Highly influential in driving monetization strategies and offering structures
• Expert Excel skills and knowledge of Oracle ERP, SFDC, and CPQ tools
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge