For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.
The Database Developer is a key role for reports development and processing. This role provides support for Hitachi's Global Delivery and Development Centres (GDDC).
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to maintain relational and non-relational database systems, extract and transform data for reporting, provide technical advice to management, and ensure the GDDC database environments are healthy and comply with security/audit requirements.
• Implementation and maintenance of MariaDB, MySQL, and OpenTSDB databases.
• Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
• Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for database systems.
• Define and maintain Monitoring & Alerting criteria for database systems.
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
• Analyze, Design, Develop, Test and Document Databases using for Big Data processing, such as Hadoop and/or HortonWorks.
• Familiar with Linux and open source technologies i.e. CentOS, Ubuntu. Etc
• Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, or the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or risk-avoidance plans.
• Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Experience of securing databases, such as hardening to CIS benchmarks, backup and restoration, authentication principles, encryption and secured communications.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, algorithms and working code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Evaluates tools and processes.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; participating in professional organizations.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.
Technical Skill Set
Familiar with Linux and open source technologies.
Experience with open-source database technologies, such as MariaDB, OpenTSDB, MySQL, Postgres, and Hadoop / HortonWorks.
Experience of securing databases, such as hardening to CIS benchmarks, backup and restoration, authentication principles, encryption and secured communications.
Experience with extracting, transforming, and loading data into databases.
Experience with Data Centre infrastructure, such as storage arrays, Fibre Channel and Ethernet switches, and server systems.
Scripting in Linux shell, Perl, and/or Python.
Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
• 7-12 years of experience with database management and software development.